Can anyone please help with this serious accident?

Noggin1988

What a terrible thing to happen to you.

But in the case your comment is clearly not what we are looking for. This is a professional site so let's keep it that way. We're looking for professional points of view, not judgement.

Actually Shane is voicing his personel and professional point of view.

The tree that broke and crushed the bus with injury to the driver and passengers really should of been removed by the simple act of using common sense many years before this incident took place. IMHO there are many reasons for the tree to have broken in half when and how it did. Common sense really can make the difference in many cases when it comes to avoiding injury and destruction.

Some folks actually exercise it, others only read about it and wonder why it's not practiced more often.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the man has recovered. On the news a man killed in Ireland from a fallen tree! In Derbyshire the trees alongside most main roads are in a shocking condition and often with Ivy burden. Motorcyclist killed down the road from here caused from large branch dropping. Told Severn Trent Water and TPO woman at DCC about dangerous trees but no action. Beeches dropping limbs often over the A6. I think councils ignore the issues as costs less than to maintain and hope no one claims in an accident/death. Just been to see an Elm and Sycamore blown down we told the people were risks last week.

Trees are unpredictable, and sometimes you get weather events that are beyond there limits or the limits of men to control them. Things can be missed or underestimated, we are talking about 2 forces of nature at work, and people trying to predict both

We live in a world full of to much ambulance chasing, bureaucracy, cover your ass, paperwork for paperworks sake, lets do as much as possible to make sure nothing gets done while alot of people write reports about it.

Guys unlucky to be hit but very lucky to be alive. Life is unfair and sucks at time but chasing this kind of thing is just going to mean more cost for everyone and the loss of trees that a knee jerk pc bs reaction will require more trees to be removed whether dangerous or not.

There are guys that build this world, and then there are the leeches which are the bankers, lawyers and politicians who look at our world as something to take advantage of to further there ambitions and greed with claims they are serving others while taking from all.

Trees are unpredictable, and sometimes you get weather events that are beyond there limits or the limits of men to control them. Things can be missed or underestimated, we are talking about 2 forces of nature at work, and people trying to predict both

We live in a world full of to much ambulance chasing, bureaucracy, cover your ass, paperwork for paperworks sake, lets do as much as possible to make sure nothing gets done while alot of people write reports about it.

Guys unlucky to be hit but very lucky to be alive. Life is unfair and sucks at time but chasing this kind of thing is just going to mean more cost for everyone and the loss of trees that a knee jerk pc bs reaction will require more trees to be removed whether dangerous or not.

There are guys that build this world, and then there are the leeches which are the bankers, lawyers and politicians who look at our world as something to take advantage of to further there ambitions and greed with claims they are serving others while taking from all.

How can you tar all Lawyers with the same brush the big 3 company's that deal with compensation claims lobby government to implement change . At the moment there is a huge campaign to get rear facing child seats mandatory. If they were all money grabbers why would they be doing this and effectively stopping accidents that they make millions out of.

Have you or a family member ever had a life changing accident not knowing how the mortgage is going to be paid who is putting food on the table. There is a million other things I could list.

As good as the NHS are I'm afraid the best rehabilitation centres are private why should anybody who has half a chance of getting compo to get there life back on track go for it.

A lot of lawyers involved with minor RTAs are the ones coaching there client through the process. The higher value cases will have good fair lawyers assigned to them it's better for the victim and the insurance company.

How can you tar all Lawyers with the same brush the big 3 company's that deal with compensation claims lobby government to implement change . At the moment there is a huge campaign to get rear facing child seats mandatory. If they were all money grabbers why would they be doing this and effectively stopping accidents that they make millions out of.

Have you or a family member ever had a life changing accident not knowing how the mortgage is going to be paid who is putting food on the table. There is a million other things I could list.

As good as the NHS are I'm afraid the best rehabilitation centres are private why should anybody who has half a chance of getting compo to get there life back on track go for it.

A lot of lawyers involved with minor RTAs are the ones coaching there client through the process. The higher value cases will have good fair lawyers assigned to them it's better for the victim and the insurance company.

I'll have a quick internet search in a minute but have you any detail that expands on that campaign LGW? We've just bought a size up on the car seat - it's forward facing, as were all the models we looked at, if there's a school of thought for rear facing I'd be keen to know about it.

I can't give you more info as it's still in the planning stages.

What I can tell you is it's the only thing that would of saved my son from the injuries he received lots and lots of children are killed each year. I mean think about it a child's head is the heaviest part of it's body this weight is transferred in to mass during the collision seat belt bites and the neck bears the brunt usually snapping the spinal cord.

In a rear facing all the mass is transferred in to the seat as long as the car stays up right and the cabin intact child walks away

I can't give you more info as it's still in the planning stages.

What I can tell you is it's the only thing that would of saved my son from the injuries he received lots and lots of children are killed each year. I mean think about it a child's head is the heaviest part of it's body this weight is transferred in to mass during the collision seat belt bites and the neck bears the brunt usually snapping the spinal cord.

In a rear facing all the mass is transferred in to the seat as long as the car stays up right and the cabin intact child walks away

Yes, all understood! Wife & I have had passionate discussion about it this afternoon. From what I can see 25kg is about the biggest for rear facing. More research required I think.

Thoughts and prayers were with you when you posted about that terrible day and still are.