Need some advice on new Arb truck

T.C

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll need a new truck before too long, and keep toying with the idea of an extra/club/super/king cab 4x4 tipper.

Realistically though, I know there are so many times I'd regret having a 6' long bed rather than 10', so I'll probably just stick with a 3.5 tonner that gets stuck on a single blade of wet grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

how about a cheep but tidy tranny, a 4x4 (eg a defender 90 or other) and tipper trailer.

90 can be for tool storage and tow the chipper off road and if your having to remove chip from a muddy site could tow the trailer in and out too

tranny for the every day use, but the 90 could be taken along where the trailer would be handy for extra capacity. all bases covered.

6 k for a 90, 4 k for the trailer 6 k for the tranny?

what's the budget?

I'm biased because I like landies and they just happen to be what suits us most of the time.

sorry just re read your original post

you already have a 4x4 and tipper trailer...

just add a tranny, then your covered for everything.

maybe a plant trailer so you can load the tipper trailer up without having to tip off prior to end of day.

I like trailers - their always handy..

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1421344654.491783.jpg.e6257ccb229306ed420556a06fd6cd9c.jpg we run a 6.5ton iveco tipper and a defender 110 tipper the Landrover is the most expensive to run and keep repairing but would be lost with out they are great but probably not as your main truck I would buy a 3.5ton tipper of some sort or tipper body on your toyota

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1421344618.330315.jpg.8890ff6833a01c21c7909abd713a5986.jpg