Excellent videos.

High Scale

As a point of discussion, on the oak vid at about 3.12 onwards there are 2 cuts made where 2 tie in points are used. The rigging keeps the cut pieces quite close to the climber and myself would have prefered single tie in, perhaps even just to finish the cut, giving myself the escape option

Pretty cool vids. I wonder who (if any) the Brit equivalent of Jerry B. is?

That’s a tall order, I mean, that man has done some fantastic and diverse work throughout his career, long may it continue BTW.

I just received my copy of ’The Fundamentals of General Tree work’, (a present from my wife). I’m just flicking through it right now and I have to say it look s superb….so many topics in detail. Quote from the back cover 'This definitive book on tree work has been 25 years in the making’, well, I can believe it.

She ordered the book direct from his site http://www.atreestory.com/ where you can also purchase the High climbers and Timber Fallers book, which I have now read but often pick up just to look over the pictures again, they are truly awesome…

Also available is the video collection which includes old and second growth falling, several recreation climbs and my personal favorite, the ‘100 trees’ video. There’s just something humorous about it, in which Gerry comes across as a real down to earth guy doing what he’s good at.

The books are available at Treeworker also.

So, if your serious about Tree Work, perhaps you have some spare cash and are contemplating spending it on some new fancy gadgets/products a hitchclimber, a blockdriver, revolver karabiner’s, treemotion/flex saddle etc, forget it…..not until you have those books, they are of far greater value IMO.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I forget myself. Yeah nice vids… smooth, professional and easy to watch:icon14: