Logspitter county Durham

Gray git

Thor 10.5 ton Logspitter with 10.5hp briggs and Stratton engine stolen last week.

Was fitted with wide splitting knife, engine mounts had been rewelded and top table was a little bent at the sides.

Stop switch broken and requires cross wiring to stop engine.

Any information to help with the return of this machine would be appreciated as was out on lone so not covered by insurance.

How did you get on with this, John?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No joy with insurance as his household won't cover it so he's having to smash the piggy bank this weekend so we can sort a replacement as got jobs quoted that involve splitting timber on site after taking out the tree.

Think I'm going to get something for now that'll run off the rb's hydraulic circuit which will need a bit of fiddling by my hydraulics fitter.as can't really justify the extra 1.5k for a new self powered 1 and 2nd hand stuff all seems dodgy, knackered or at opposite end of the country!

No joy with insurance as his household won't cover it so he's having to smash the piggy bank this weekend so we can sort a replacement as got jobs quoted that involve splitting timber on site after taking out the tree.

Think I'm going to get something for now that'll run off the rb's hydraulic circuit which will need a bit of fiddling by my hydraulics fitter.as can't really justify the extra 1.5k for a new self powered 1 and 2nd hand stuff all seems dodgy, knackered or at opposite end of the country!

This really gets my goat! Your mate is out of pocket, I'd guess you are aswell, because some thieving ( insert your own expletive here) can't keep their dirty little fingers off people's gear.:thumbdown:

Yes settled on a value of 50% of new price as seemed fair, or as fair as any of these situations are.

Yes he's out of pocket, so am I as I did have a perfectly good quick safe machine which owed me nothing and could earn decent money and to replace it with the same is 2400 and i don't have the difference spare to do this so having to go a different way.

Yes settled on a value of 50% of new price as seemed fair, or as fair as any of these situations are.

Yes he's out of pocket, so am I as I did have a perfectly good quick safe machine which owed me nothing and could earn decent money and to replace it with the same is 2400 and i don't have the difference spare to do this so having to go a different way.

I,m same! No money to buy a new power pack or new splitter so its back to the axe for me!

Word!!!!!!:thumbup1:

I was doing a domestic job today in quite a nice area. In the property next door but one were three tree surgeons. I went out the front to my van and saw a transit drive past, slow down and take a good look at the truck and chipper on the drive.:thumbdown: I hung about for a few minutes and the transit came back and did the same. I went round to the lads doing the tree work and told them what I'd seen........ One of them said its normal mate, but thanks for letting us know. Must be a nightmare!

I was doing a domestic job today in quite a nice area. In the property next door but one were three tree surgeons. I went out the front to my van and saw a transit drive past, slow down and take a good look at the truck and chipper on the drive.:thumbdown: I hung about for a few minutes and the transit came back and did the same. I went round to the lads doing the tree work and told them what I'd seen........ One of them said its normal mate, but thanks for letting us know. Must be a nightmare!

HI EGGS GOOD of letting them no eggs:thumbup1: SOUNDS A NIGHT OTHERS LOOKING AT YOUR KIT:thumbdown: JOHN hope you get fixed up soon mate:thumbup1: thanks jon :thumbup:

That was very good of you :thumbup1:

We are a major target, a little over a year ago we had 3 saw go from the garden we were working in!!!:thumbdown: