Game/hunting camera as part of security system?

cessna

Yes they are, my yard is up a dead end unmade rd with only 4 houses & some one kept pulling in my gates to turn around so I set up a game camra its camo and blends in well you mount the back bracket to a tree post etc then clip camra on it can take stills or vids at set times or mosion sensor it was powerd my 8 aa baters (4 in camra & 4 in bracket ) its infa red so night vision is very good and you can view straght away on a screen on the back

I would be careful of relying on these types of cameras, as scumbags often get off scot free due to the evidence they provide being in admissible in court. The reason for this is a CCTV system must be made up of home office approved equipment, that's the loophole a lot of tea leaves get let off with, the police won't count it as evidence either in some cases, or so I am lead to believe. If you want to trip up intruders, I.e catch them casing your place then notify the police to ambush them / move your gear to another location, they are ideal. Remember the woman who was seen throwing s guys cat in the bin? The owner was in breach of the law as his cameras were pointing and filming the road, not his property, crazy I know but that's how it is I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've used one to try and catch a cord wood thief, it didn't catch him in the act but the pictures were really good from 12 ft up a tree.

They are a pain to set up, but high up in trees is good, I would recommend finding one with a 'remote pir' which is wireless if they do one because I could find great vantage points on trees to take the picture of the carpark and access etc, but getting the unit to be 'triggered' by the person was well tricky where as a remote PIR could be across the gateway and camera anywhere.

My farmer mate runs PIR 'door bells' which messages him, and he loves them, and uses them to know when unwanted people walk over his land, he said that when he turns his foxing lamp on out of his bedroom window at them 500 yrds away they tend to 'go home'.

I think the law is that if you don't have signs warning of your CCTV setup then it is not useable by the police, so if you put up a sign warning it is there you should be ok - do check that though! The police may be able to supply you with a sign of some kind, perhaps speak to your local force? :)

Mine worked a treet, I was worried someone was casing my yard when I see fresh tyre tracks on a reg basis that wasn't mine but it turned out it was just a courting couple lol

You should get that video up online, big bucks in another industry :sly:

I think the law is that if you don't have signs warning of your CCTV setup then it is not useable by the police, so if you put up a sign warning it is there you should be ok - do check that though! The police may be able to supply you with a sign of some kind, perhaps speak to your local force? :)

Your signs only have to be the size of a tea coaster by law.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk