Hardwood cordwood for sale Midlands

Stu Baillie

If you new what it was where it was somebody may be able to do a deal!

Wanting. £56 and getting it in the currant climate is two different things but then there idiots out there paying £60 for green oak

Hi LGW that's mad LGW but there's loads of mad people around😅😅😅😅😅😅thanks Jon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's delivered and it good straight cord IE ash beech sycamore and not full of small stuff it's a good price.

Plus 2.5 meters long not 3m if it's 3 you all only get 3 bays on on an artic

The longer the better as quicker to process with less handling, lorry will run out of weight before it runs out of space.

I put roadside hw on market at £40, could sell everything I have 5 times over.

The longer the better as quicker to process with less handling, lorry will run out of weight before it runs out of space.

I put roadside hw on market at £40, could sell everything I have 5 times over.

most of the cord I'm buying is ash sycamore been down ages I'd like to see you get 26 tone on 3 bays. When a lorry comes in my yard I want to see 4 bays of 2.5 not 3 bays of 3meters there's more volume.

If I'm paying out good money for transport I want as much as pos on there.

As for quicker to process it makes no odds if your setup to do cord if there 2m or 5m there will be one piece if cord after another going through the machine back to back.

Also if you could sell it 5 times over why not put your prices up in the south there's a glut and it's driving the price down sharply what ever happens in the south usually spreads north .

Fair enough if timber been down for a while, most people I know (including myself) want it moved on ASAP as it starts to disappear if left at roadside. I will put price up for next batch, not massively though as want to build long term relationships

Of course it's more productive to process longer stuff than short.

Reflecting on it I think the artic that lifts from me actually runs with 4 bolsters of 3m, I know it's 3x3.7m and 2x6.2m but can't actually remember the other configurations for sure. Not that it's really important as can only run up to their weight limit anyway

Edited by Wood wasp

most of the cord I'm buying is ash sycamore been down ages I'd like to see you get 26 tone on 3 bays. When a lorry comes in my yard I want to see 4 bays of 2.5 not 3 bays of 3meters there's more volume.

If I'm paying out good money for transport I want as much as pos on there.

As for quicker to process it makes no odds if your setup to do cord if there 2m or 5m there will be one piece if cord after another going through the machine back to back.

Also if you could sell it 5 times over why not put your prices up in the south there's a glut and it's driving the price down sharply what ever happens in the south usually spreads north .

I think the original post was for 26 tonne load now as long as it comes with with public weighbridge ticket to con firm weight there should be no difference in volume what ever lenght it is cut to.I agree I would like to buy stuff that has been down for ages as it loses weight but the the seller usualy wants to sell by volume ie cubic metres.If this is the case then you will get more in 4 bays of 2.5 than 3bays of 3m.This is why I rum my own lorry and trailer as can carry 4 bays of 2.3 2.5 or 3m.

Cheers Chris.