19'' or bigger mower suggestions

carpenter1

Yes, the JD is very under rated at present. Its main strengths are in its very strong deck and quality wheels with bearings. The models with a BBC also have a Kawasaki motor, but to be honest the Briggs are extremely reiable too.

The collection is amazing, thanks to the design of the blade, and the fan which sits above it. It whacks the grass into the bag and really compresses it, even in the wet. Another bonus is that the grass bag is parallel top to bottom and side to side, so the grass comes easily too.

The grass box has a tongue at the bottom which enters the rear of the mower ( 4 wheelers only) and takes the compacted 'plug' of grass out with it when emptied. No more sticking your hand up its rear every time you empty to clear the plug.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow ground speed you could get it turned up its not hurt any of my Hondas!

Seems a bit steep at £400 to me but if it's only done smallish garden for somone then maybe ok. You could get a new one for £670 Honda Mower HRX 426 QX Honda HRX426QX Honda HRX426 QX

Not sure I would like the plastic deck on it though but then I'm not very kind to my mowers! (Do service them and the like just seem to get bashed about on trailer or in back of pickup)

What due to cutting width?

Or is the ground speed low?

Thanks