CS31 required in Devon

DanClimbsTrees

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Mark Isted near Ogwell , Newton Abbot 01626 332 376 He does virtually all Forestry and arb training ... I used to work with him at Merrist Wood years ago , good chap !

I'll second that suggestion, Mark assessed my cs38 few years ago, real good bloke. I'm gonna try and book up for my 30-31 in the new year with him.

• 6 months later...
Bicton no offense are low end; not a well respected college round here.

Bicton Arb is poor.

The quality of the teachers is good, they have real world experience, which I like, however they're seriously let down in other departments.

The administration is shocking at best and this ruins it. I would not recommend anyone go there for a full time course on an apprenticeship.

My coursework has been with them for marking since early February. I understand they're going through a 'restructure' but surely keeping students in the loop is a pretty obvious thing to do.

Hi Dan,

Here at The Arb Acadaemy we offer a number of courses based down in the South West.

Please visit Arb Academy - Home to find out more or call me, Jodie, on 01392 829100 for more info.

I hope we can help.

Bicton Arb is poor.

The quality of the teachers is good, they have real world experience, which I like, however they're seriously let down in other departments.

The administration is shocking at best and this ruins it. I would not recommend anyone go there for a full time course on an apprenticeship.

My coursework has been with them for marking since early February. I understand they're going through a 'restructure' but surely keeping students in the loop is a pretty obvious thing to do.

Hi Dan,

Here at The Arb Acadaemy we offer a number of courses based down in the South West.

Please visit Arb Academy - Home to find out more or call me, Jodie, on 01392 829100 for more info.

I hope we can help.

Hi Jodie,

Is this the apprenticeship scheme set up by Nobby Clark?

If I hadn't already finished my apprenticeship through Bicton I'd be straight on the phone to you. I met Nobby early last year down at River Dart and he was a very knowledgeable guy.

Cheers,

Dan

i have personally found Bicton to be poor to deal with and the caliber of people they pass out to be poor also. Mark Isted had a pretty bad rep. as an assessor and in general a poor attitude to people, i had a dreadful time of it on 1 particular occasion when he was assessing me and he destroyed my confidence even before i started an assessment. I do believe he had to undergo some 'attutude re-adjustment' in order to stay in the industry. Hiline do training too Dan. Good luck with it DanClimbsTrees.