What chain for top handles?

Mesterh

With the talk about chain sharpening I was what is everyone using on there 020/husky top handles?

Atm I am using oregon 91VS (will have to double check) it is a semi chisel and cuts really nice and quick but the cutters are a lot smaller (less life) than the stihl chain as someone pointed out in the other threads..

So then, what you all prefer?

the latest pmc3 from stihl is very good tbh with only a small guard link that at first glance does not even look like anti kickback and it does not clog the kerf or cause extra drag

the older pmc with the double hump was a poor chain and did not take stihl long to realise

To comply with puwer you should really use anti kickback chain

and for your own benifit and peace of mind

Have a look at the new stihl chain and you will be supprised how good it looks and works

please dont be put off by there earlier efforts

thats what im using at the momment on the husky nice chain! standard stihl with no safety rakers on the 200t cant stand that safety chain!

My local saw shop, Carrs, refuse to sell me non safety chain for my top handle.

Looks like I will be shopping somewhere else.