Online trading compulsory VAT registration from Jan 1st 2016

Wood wasp

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree at all, if you don't want to be vat reg and don't earn enough then you shouldn't have to!![/

I used to think like that until I buil a good business, your 20 percent cheaper than the car reg company, then when you start getting the work you will end up needing to go vat reg. All businesses should be vat reg, it's fairer to everyone and you can claim the vat back on all purchases.

I don't agree at all, if you don't want to be vat reg and don't earn enough then you shouldn't have to!!

Depends if you want to build a business or be a one man band man. Vat rate should be dropped to 20k but 10% be fair to every one Inc domestics.

It's fine saying plan, save, be VAT registered, but when things go wrong with companies that just reach the registration point, it is often the straw that breaks the camels back.

It is another tax & yes it would be irrelevant to those who are self employed/companies, however it would hammer some constomers & in my opinion reduce the amount of work & cash available. Paying an extra 20% is going to hurt someone's pocket

It's fine saying plan, save, be VAT registered, but when things go wrong with companies that just reach the registration point, it is often the straw that breaks the camels back.

It is another tax & yes it would be irrelevant to those who are self employed/companies, however it would hammer some constomers & in my opinion reduce the amount of work & cash available. Paying an extra 20% is going to hurt someone's pocket

You pay it on most day to day things so why not charge it??

Sounds like some sour people here wanting both sides of the coin. Doing comercial work charging vat etc, getting vat back on things unlike none vat people, then coming back to domestic market and saying its not fair that others dont charge vat....

Come on, as for vat at 20k i hope they never vote you in

Sounds like some sour people here wanting both sides of the coin. Doing comercial work charging vat etc, getting vat back on things unlike none vat people, then coming back to domestic market and saying its not fair that others dont charge vat....

I used to think that but when you have built a good business and you hit 81k turnover you have no choice.

Why not? Because it won't suit you? 50% of my work load is domestic yes the odd one moans but most don't and some even expect to pay it,it has changed how I buy kit as well, I paid 16k for my new chipper you will pay 20k! I don't buy second hand saws any more I just buy new as crap of eBay is not much less that new with the vat off! You as a business pay vat every day so who is loosing?????

I thinly I'll going vat reg prey soon and to be honest it concerns me as most of my work is domestic, perhaps 10% Max commercial. I can't help thinking I'm going to have to drop my rates by 10% or so until I know where I stand.

Like most things the worst part will be the first year I expect/hope. What are other people's experiences?