somes ones in trouble

philip2011

So let's look at like this, I see someone taking down a tree with a tpo on, I check with council and they ain't got permission, so I tell them what I've se n and they decide to investigate, I end up being a witness in a court case. The guy who did the work is getting done for it and gets some dodgy type to give me a smack, or come to my hous is here the wife and boy are and starts making trouble. I really can't be bothered with all that so I don't stick my nose in. Think what you want but I ain't having anyone come after me for that.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's look at like this, I see someone taking down a tree with a tpo on, I check with council and they ain't got permission, so I tell them what I've se n and they decide to investigate, I end up being a witness in a court case. The guy who did the work is getting done for it and gets some dodgy type to give me a smack, or come to my hous is here the wife and boy are and starts making trouble. I really can't be bothered with all that so I don't stick my nose in. Think what you want but I ain't having anyone come after me for that.

This is fine if it is what you believe.

Why would you want to grass someone up? Your better keeping out of it, why get involved?

Here you asked a question or two.....

Clearly some people feel different :001_smile:

This is fine if it is what you believe.

Here you asked a question or two.....

Clearly some people feel different :001_smile:

I can believe what I like, don't need to be given permission do I. Next you will be telling me I caused global warming because I didn't report a farmer burning tires. LOL

That's a valid view but its strange how so many people want to kill Gypsies every time any piece of kit is stolen. In both cases there has been a transgression of the law and, I suspect taking revenge on gypsies would lead to a lot more 'looking over the shoulder' than reporting the OPs incident.

Of course, if it was gypsies who did the work.... your screwed.

I guess we all draw the line in a different place.

I can believe what I like, don't need to be given permission do I. Next you will be telling me I caused global warming because I didn't report a farmer burning tires. LOL

For christ's sake chill out fella.

Your first post clearly asked a question on a public forum.

Some people answered the question in a way that is different to your way of thinking.

so what?

If you are not interested in others opinions, mind where you go asking questions.

WTF makes you think I was 'giving you permission'?:confused1:

I clearly just said 'think what you like', as may others.

Maybe you need to spend a little less time getting frustrated on the internet, and spend a little more time, erm, doing something with someone else.:lol:

Well I'm chuffed to bits that I've brought y'all a bit of a grin. You are absolutely right felling TPO'd trees is absolutely a gazillion miles away from a heinous crime such as rape. And, I was not trying to compare the two on an equal level.

My point was, that the OP was getting a bit of stick for "grassing", and I just felt that if we are not prepared to speak out when we see wrong doing, where do you draw the line.

The fictitious examples I used to illustrate this point were deliberately put at the "extreme" end of the scale to try and counter other posters early responses that somehow, the OP's actions of trying clarify the TPO situation were more reprehensible than the possible actions of a tree gang working on a group of trees without having done the necessary checks with the LA.

The OP IMO has done the right thing by querying the situation with the LA. And I didn't feel that they should be labelled as a grass for doing so.

And yes Huck, whilst is not a hobby that consumes my every waking moment when I'm not up a tree, I have reported people for littering and fly tipping which I have directly witnessed, having first confronted them to remedy their antisocial behaviour. I don't see why I have live is someone elses filth.

I've also confronted and reported someone for using drugs whilst on the job, similarly I've reported someone for stealing fuel/equipment from a mutual employer.

As another example: You've got two guys working for you, one's nicking bits of your kit and the other one is dead straight and honest. The thief is costing you time, money & resources and you can't figure out why the books don't balance. Eventually Mr.Honest tells you about the nefarious activities of Mr.Thief. Do you then sack Mr.Honest for being a "grass" and reward Mr.Thief for keeping his mouth shut?

By deliberately using a few extreme examples, I was trying to emphasise that people who report wrongdoing should not be labelled as a grass or somehow be seen as a more lowlier specimen than the wrongdoer!

I think it's where people who don't do nothing and in their own little world, let people get away with things like this.

Call it what you want but I wouldn't call it 'grassing' it's the right thing to do, be it a tree or anything else.

But at the end of the day the tree owners should take full responsibility nothing to do with Cowboys the customer authorised the work. I suppose it's a good way to pîss your neighbours off by reporting it though.

I couldn't care less what people do to trees I've accepted the fact that dodgy folk will do tree work no huffing or puffing will stop that. It's the customer that loses out and it's the customers fault for choosing poor contractors