24v LED work lights

Wood wasp

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These ones arrived today: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRUC39Y/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item though I only paid £69

They seem good quality and heavier built than I thought they might be, unfortunately won't get them fitted until new year

Nice one.

The weight is surprising at first, until you realise that the heavy alloy casting is necessary to act as a heat sink. :thumbup1:

I have just fitted Gwaza 1800 lumin to the Zetor.

Holy cow they are bright :thumbup:

Very well made aluminum case, and uses stainless steel bolts

Catalogue

Page 79 in the catalogue.

So impressed that i fitted a 600 lumin one to the back of the landrover.

If you paid more than £20 you've been robbed. Sparex, Gwaza etc, it's all the same Chinese stuff.

beware that you get what you pay for... the cheap chinese crap will likely be poor quality LEDs which will fail before long or they will not even achieve their rated output when new.

Like this guy who bought some from ebay to find that they are very dangerously wired up (they've used hot melt glue to attach the earth lead to the case FFS) and 10W LEDS sold as 20W

EDIT: you get what you pay for but you also often end up paying premium price for dressed up chinese crap too! I have no useful advice as to how to avoid this :(

The 'ScanGrip light looks good. Recently used one if their 20w floods but don't see how you could easily attach to vehicle. But for those needing static lighting, maybe they'd suit. Also used on of their light pen a automotive inspection lights. All very bright, waterproof, shockproof and long battery life.