Decent M&S TYRES off road for vans............

IVECOKID

i would think your better off with what you already have! . As your van is basically one wheel drive by the sounds you would be overkill for no reason as you have no difflock no l.s.d no 4x4 etc etc .>> so at most would fit 2 50%x50% on off road to the drivewheels only but dont good mad on aggressive treads they willdrive you mad on the road whining/humming to the point you have no earwax left in your head they will also churn/rip your customers grass to bits and then spread it down the road and stonechip your wheel arches >> been there done it got the teashirt. Just go for half n half cheap to replace etc not overkill it would be a waste of money

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would think your better off with what you already have! . As your van is basically one wheel drive by the sounds you would be overkill for no reason as you have no difflock no l.s.d no 4x4 etc etc .>> so at most would fit 2 50%x50% on off road to the drivewheels only but dont good mad on aggressive treads they willdrive you mad on the road whining/humming to the point you have no earwax left in your head they will also churn/rip your customers grass to bits and then spread it down the road and stonechip your wheel arches >> been there done it got the teashirt. Just go for half n half cheap to replace etc not overkill it would be a waste of money

Yep definitely one wheel drive ,on one occasion parked in machine mart car park it got a light dusting of hail stone and I was stranded !!

Have tried some very mild tread m&s tyres but still useless compared to my old twin wheel LDV it would go anywhere with a light touch of the handbrake but that does not work on Iveco either .

Ste

I just punched your van model number into google and there is 2 models one has lsd fitted and there must be diffs available for you hope this helps

In the brochures they push it has a City van and its turning circle is like a Tx taxi literally so that may explain its shininess to grass.

My other option is I have a older model L9 52plate which I bought has a temporary(LITERALLY TEMPORARY blew engine in 3weeks) van while I rebuilt mine after a crash is too whizz the diff out of that but it is a slight whine off that and I am sure that had a LSD ,just don't fancy doing that .

Ste

you should know by the vin tags and reg or look at the glovebox manual for transmission codes etc if its pain on grass etc just buy the rite van and sell your own on again sorry if its not what you wanted to here but it's an option for you .The transmission codes will save you time looking for a diff but like i stated already you may be wasting your money on tyres till you sort the drive-train out there is a iveco breakers on millers bridge bootle steve kewins old commercial breakers yard next to bootle car n commercial motor factors

• 2 weeks later...
Well i took the winter tyre route and choose the most aggressive tread pattern possible without comprising mpg and noise .

At £48 each delivered and fitted them myself .

[ATTACH]171451[/ATTACH]

Time will tell .

Ste

What are they and where from?

Online from Camskill tyres , they are Nexen tyres which I believe are fitted to some major car manufacturers from new .

Look under winter van tyres and they are 8ply rating too .

Ste

Thank you.

I have a Transit tipper so I'd be interested to know if these tyres would help with grip on a gentle slope, 3hrs after a small rain shower!

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care