110 Tipper.

Tom D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has been totally rebuilt by previous owner 200tdi fitted, poly bushes etc, etc, i'll say this he payed more than that for it!

what all new parts? or other 25 year old bits on this motor. its not a dig at your mates land rover i just find it incredible the price they hold.

A galv chassis would add a bit, but whats the bulkhead like? cos thats a big job to swap. I built one from the chassis up once and was caught out by all the wee extra bits that you don't think of, there's a lot more than just a chassis and an engine. Having said that, 4 k for a tipper is cheap if its a good un, irrespective of age

Tom, i get that but my mate gets his chassis galvanised ( where you left your tractor) its a couple of hundred quid, he will strip the full motor and build it back up in a week. Im not doubting the work thats been put into it but i still find the prices far too expensive for what they are.

But if you are willing to pay it, knock yourself out :biggrin:

One's enough for me, I reckon its going to cost about 5k to build it, 3 for sorting out the landy and 2 for the tipper. Still the insurance paid out 8.5k and I bought it back for 1400 so in theory I am up but we'll see how it goes. Its a cat c write off so I will loose in resale value though.

hi, I run hi cap 110 tipper, get 3.5 metre chip in, any more and she`s like a trawler on the northsea. Not much room for tools, it has roofrack fitted ended up getting second vehicle to run with it. just a excuse to by second 110 really. yes I think it is illness :confused1:

hi, I run hi cap 110 tipper, get 3.5 metre chip in, any more and she`s like a trawler on the northsea. Not much room for tools, it has roofrack fitted ended up getting second vehicle to run with it. just a excuse to by second 110 really. yes I think it is illness :confused1:

Hi DAZ I like the way you put it mate thanks Jon

• 1 month later...

So after reading this thread and having seen Ferguson forestrys mates landy on e bay I gave him a call. Seemed like a very decent guy, the landy sounded solid so I took the plunge on Saturday. I live and work in Somerset so I got a cheapo easyjet flight from Bristol to Edinburgh early (wife not at all impressed as she dropped me there!) And Stevie met me at the airport with the landy. Did the deal, fueled up and started the 450 mile drive to Somerset. It was actually ok. Driving through Scottish borders was fun. Slight issue when the lead came off the starter but other than that she was great!

1426575802963.jpg.19da8e09360b2cd5b707c6096c164c5f.jpg

This is my 4th land rover but my first tipper and my first 200tdi. I find there is stacks of grunt. Alarming amounts of oil leaks but that may be normal! Galv chassis and spotless bulkhead and footwells. Tipper works though its slow to come back down, wondering if a change of oil may help with that. Need to build a chip box too....