Repeated scored pistons on Stihls - time to switch to Aspen?!

Andrew Barrett

Aspen absoulutly fine, but price is a killer, no serious cutter could afford to run it every day, we have also seen a decrease in power when useing it, there is nothing wrong with useing fresh pump fuel with good quaility two stroke oil,regular maintenance of the saw is the answer. Aspen is more for casual users who keep fuel longer than they should and price is not such a issue.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aspen absoulutly fine, but price is a killer, no serious cutter could afford to run it every day, we have also seen a decrease in power when useing it, there is nothing wrong with useing fresh pump fuel with good quaility two stroke oil,regular maintenance of the saw is the answer. Aspen is more for casual users who keep fuel longer than they should and price is not such a issue.

Hi adw,

If you have found a reduction in power when using Aspen its sounds like your saws need a quick mixture adjustment when running Aspen.

You will be surprised to hear we have more and more pro users switching to Aspen.

When they add the time saved having fuel delivered ready to go, the discount for bulk orders and the health benefits they have justified the extra cost.

Check out our website to see this months pro user.

Have you signed the petition?

https://www.change.org/p/government-uk-abolish-road-fuel-duty-on-garden-power-tool-specific-alkylate-petrols-designed-to-protect-users-from-harmful-emissions

Hi all,

I have a letter from Stihl saying Aspen does not affect warranty.

Husqvarna run every 2stroke on aspen in the factory and the UK workshops buy Aspen from me. Aspen is even listed in the Husqvarna catalogue.

I will call Lister Wilder in Cirencester on Monday and get this sorted.

If you have any warranty problems because Aspen has been use contact me on 07568 108953 or email [email protected] I will sort it all out for you.

Please keep me informed if our dealers are giving out incorrect information.

If you have any Aspen questions or concerns please contact me direct.

All the best

Eddie

Thanks Eddie. Listers also told me that new saws sometimes have problems running Aspen. This was also news to me as I thought it was the opposite: older saws run on pump fuel sometimes have issues switching over.

Were they correct to tell me this?

Petition signed, but round here Aspen's £25-30 for 5 litres, nice idea but I can't imagine paying that.

Hi,

The RRP is a lot lower.

£18.98 inc vat I have been talking to dealers who charge more than our suggested selling price but if you the customer tell they that you would buy if the charged the same as other dealers that would help.

I can't make them change their price.

Is this a dealer with power in the name?

Thanks Eddie. Listers also told me that new saws sometimes have problems running Aspen. This was also news to me as I thought it was the opposite: older saws run on pump fuel sometimes have issues switching over.

Were they correct to tell me this?

The only thing they have got right is that some 2strokes that have run a lot of pump fuel sometimes need the diaphragms changing.

I call on all our mainland dealers and try to talk to all the staff that dealer with Aspen to stop them giving out incorrect information.

Thanks for informing me as I will get this put right tomorrow.