Heizohack HM 6-300

John Shutler

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful John. Dave and I were chatting to Alex price about this at the apf the top roller frame on the 300's is a bit thin and so can't be fitted with pressure assist. Heizohack only use the weight of the roller to bite the brash. I'd say pressure assistance is a must if you want to chip brash.

Re horsepower you are fine. Heizo have a really low requirement, I know of a 300 that might be for sale. Give me a ring sometime.

What a load of tosh I cannot believe Alex would say such a thing given that my 6 300 was one of the first modified by Alex to have pressure assist and it works really well on brash. I was led to believe it is now a standard option available if your doing crane fed brash.

thinking about getting a Heizohack HM 6-300 to go behind my valmet 8050

I think the minimum required hp is around 120, my valmet must be around 110 maximimum, also how heavy are these machines

how much better performance would I see over my tp250

thanks

john

John

I have a 3 point mounted 6 300 which I use on a daily basis for crane fed brash it was one of the first in the country to be modified by Alex to have a power assist top roller and I believe any 6 300 can be modified in the same way to make crane feed easier. I run it easily on MB Trac which originally would have 100 hp but probably more like 80 hp now. Needs to be run at 750 rpm so engine is not flat out. MB Trac has no problem lifting the 2 tonne but I managed to drop it at speed after hitting a pot hole and the lift arm shattered. Not sure performance wise it will just eat brash due to the wide hopper so you can crank up the infeed speed. The problem I find is if you have a mix of brash and big stuff the temptation is to crank it high for brash but then its to fast for the big stuff. Wherever possible I now batch process each type.

What a load of tosh I cannot believe Alex would say such a thing given that my 6 300 was one of the first modified by Alex to have pressure assist and it works really well on brash. I was led to believe it is now a standard option available if your doing crane fed brash.

Alex did not say it could not be done, just that the side plates on the roller housing were a bit thin and I think they had had problems with them bending, so he preferred not to do it and encouraged those who were doing high volume of brash to go for a larger machine with the stronger roller housing.

Alex did not say it could not be done, just that the side plates on the roller housing were a bit thin and I think they had had problems with them bending, so he preferred not to do it and encouraged those who were doing high volume of brash to go for a larger machine with the stronger roller housing.

Certainly on mine the side plates have been strengthened by the addition of plates either side where the force of the ram is transmitted. The top of the barrel is also strengthened to take the downward force of the ram.

Problem with a larger machine would be not fitting on 3 point link and I would go out of sight with a trailed machine.

Edited by renewablejohn

Certainly on mine the side plates have been strengthened by the addition of plates either side where the force of the ram is transmitted. The top of the barrel is also strengthened to take the downward force of the ram.

Problem with a larger machine would be not fitting on 3 point link and I would go out of sight with a trailed machine.

Can the inner plates be strengthened? are they not sandwiched between the roller and the outer plates, leaving no room for additional metal??