mini digger with grab and rotator

Tommy 7840

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd speak to Farma for a grab and Rotator going on the prices banded about here.

PM me if you want any help with it.

Takeuchi are great bits of kit, but JCB mini's will bring a row of the Stihl/Husky magnitude with the right guys present!

If your 814 is a Grey Cab, it's one of my all time favourite machines:thumbup:

This Takeuchi popped up on a local dealers Facebook page, and being a canopy version (which I prefer on small machines) is something like 2.4 tonne? Could be a handy bit of kit for someone?

https://m.facebook.com/newhadenplant?v=timeline&filter=1&ref=bookmark

Mini's make great splitter powerpacks and carriers.

Eddie.

I'd speak to Farma for a grab and Rotator going on the prices banded about here.

PM me if you want any help with it.

Takeuchi are great bits of kit, but JCB mini's will bring a row of the Stihl/Husky magnitude with the right guys present!

If your 814 is a Grey Cab, it's one of my all time favourite machines:thumbup:

This Takeuchi popped up on a local dealers Facebook page, and being a canopy version (which I prefer on small machines) is something like 2.4 tonne? Could be a handy bit of kit for someone?

https://m.facebook.com/newhadenplant?v=timeline&filter=1&ref=bookmark

Mini's make great splitter powerpacks and carriers.

Eddie.

That Takeuchi is a reduce swing too and a very powerful bit of kit ,my brother has the excact one and is bullet proof .

Ste

Hello eddie my 814s is a white cab its 1988 and has done just over 11000 hours but is tidy for its age and goes really well.We did the seals in the slew brake as it was leaking badly but is now good didnt cost much to put right.There is a tekeuchi main dealer near us who does seem helpfu and we have a jcb dealer who isnt bad but expensive to say the least on secondhand kit!!!!!! I will post pics of the 814s if i can work out to do it:confused1::confused1:

Hello eddie my 814s is a white cab its 1988 and has done just over 11000 hours but is tidy for its age and goes really well.We did the seals in the slew brake as it was leaking badly but is now good didnt cost much to put right.There is a tekeuchi main dealer near us who does seem helpfu and we have a jcb dealer who isnt bad but expensive to say the least on secondhand kit!!!!!! I will post pics of the 814s if i can work out to do it:confused1::confused1:

Big Takeuchi fan myself, im on my second now. Bad bits about them are poor paintwork, possibly have a bit of a reputation for wearing quickly on the bushes, I personally put this reputation down to them being a very common hire machine and generally getting abused/lack of grease, I have always over greased mine and never find wear to be a problem at all.

both tb016 and 125 are cracking machines, but im disappointed that the new 228 (replacement for the tb125) is now too heavy to tow legally so when it comes to replacement I think the kubotas kx61-3 &kx71-3 will be an option.

both tb016 and 125 are cracking machines, but im disappointed that the new 228 (replacement for the tb125) is now too heavy to tow legally so when it comes to replacement I think the kubotas kx61-3 &kx71-3 will be an option.

Why did they make the 228 heavier? I thought the whole point of that weight class was so its about as big as you can get and still tow legally.

Glad to know the bad points of machines.I am told that teukeuchi are the rolls royce but im not totally convinced i would say the hitachi is good from my experience,a chap told me yesterday that yanmar is very good i dont like the look of them much but tekeuchi use yanmar engines.....:confused1:

Kubota is the rolls royce of mini's in my opinion especially for Owner Operators, but for this type of work, the simplicity and ease/low cost of repairs to the Takeuchi can sway it in their favour.

The fit/finish and reliability of the Kubota is hard to beat.

The Takeuchi TB016 is just about bombproof and will punch well above it's weight, I'm out on one for the next couple of days and it never fails to impress.

Not much mention of Komatsu on here, but their Mid size mini's are seriously good.

Eddie.

I have just been looking at tekeuchi specs and users opinions of them.kubota would be a good machine the engine would be great we have a bobcat 743 with a kubota 4 cylinder which is bombproof!!!! I have been looking at the tb014 and the tb016 the tb016 does seem the best allrounder but i have found a very tidy tb014 with a cab which is the right money!!!! I havent even seen a komatsu mini yet eddie i dont think we have a local dealer....

I have just been looking at tekeuchi specs and users opinions of them.kubota would be a good machine the engine would be great we have a bobcat 743 with a kubota 4 cylinder which is bombproof!!!! I have been looking at the tb014 and the tb016 the tb016 does seem the best allrounder but i have found a very tidy tb014 with a cab which is the right money!!!! I havent even seen a komatsu mini yet eddie i dont think we have a local dealer....

To be fair, I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of the mainstream mini diggers if they turn up at the right price- base it on the general wear and tear and condition of the machine rather than concentrating on which brand seems to get the best reputation.

There is no doubt that takeuchi and Kubota will hold their value the best. The main reason I like Taks is that all the body panels are metal, doing tight woodland/scrub work in a small digger invariably the panels get knocked around a bit so metal ones don,t crack- but they do rust... Also find the hydraulics to be very smooth too operate- and of the 2 Taks iv had they have cost me bugger all in repairs, very tough it would seem.

look at the tracks/sprockets, wear in slew ring and bushes, these will all be good indicators of how well the machine has been looked after. Engines don,t tend to be stressed too much in a mini digger so normal checks aside I wouldn,t be too worried about that, if the rest of the machine has been looked after chances are engine will have been too.

I'd like to try a Hanix or Whacker Neuson- both these machines seem to be getting a good reputation, I was looking at a 2t Neuson the other day, seemed well built and they seemed to have a good counterweight design and good rear overhang, which is good really unless your working in very tight situations.