transit tipper springs question upgrades to 5t ones?

prolinep

What I ment was there's not much point having a 4.3T transit as you might as well just an iveco daily 45 55 65 etc the OP was asking about tuf springs for his 3.5T transit of a bigger transit and Old Mill didn't know there was bigger transits then 3.5T

He's right. I had a Transit, then a Unimog, now another Transit.

Transit is totally useless as a chip truck. I should have got a short lorry instead.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iveco dailys are made as a 5 tonne then down or up rated so can handle punishing work

Most transits are used by builders, scrap, roofers, etc and all are over waight most of the time it's not right but it's the real world, I fill my transit up she's probley a tonne over but drives & tip,s ok the reason my works all local and the chances of getting a tug are very slim there's a few vosa hot spots near me but like every body else I avoid them when loaded

As all iv done is what the OP is going to do "make his truck look right when loaded" so ether fit H/D springs or an air bag kit job done. !!

We got a 14 plate transit. Once the the tipping body was built and storage cupboards we could only hold 700k 'legally' I wouldn't worry about the springs ours is fine although ours is the 100 horse version and it's weak, weak as in in dangerous when trying to pull out on slip roads and fast 60 roads.

Just for the record every man and his dog that runs a tripper van in the tree world is over loaded, just avoid thosed weigh bridges