Best cambium saver for zigzag

TIMON

maybe just put a karabiner and pulley on the small ring if its a swing cheek the sewn end probably won't go through it on retrieval

job done

I doubt this would be retrievable, if so it would be better to just use the Pully on a sling, you'd still have to climb up to get it but it would be less friction than if still using a cambium saver and pulley combo. If you do decide to buy a pulley saver check to see if your rope fits before you buy, they've updated the pulley saver to the little pinto I Belive

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you really want total and near frictionless climbing that is ultra controlable in all weather then I suggest you try your ZigZag on Blue Tongue 11.7 and run it through a Teufelberger Pulley saver! it makes climbing effortless and can be retrieved from the ground.

1415296435422.jpg.a88d3497d294075ac22828d8e3eb108d.jpg

1415296385240.jpg.600f3014e2984f7df223347048fe2ddb.jpg

I doubt this would be retrievable, if so it would be better to just use the Pully on a sling, you'd still have to climb up to get it but it would be less friction than if still using a cambium saver and pulley combo. If you do decide to buy a pulley saver check to see if your rope fits before you buy, they've updated the pulley saver to the little pinto I Belive

if he's going to climb up and use a sling and pulley non retrievable he may as well carry on doing what he's doing and save his money

If you really want total and near frictionless climbing that is ultra controlable in all weather then I suggest you try your ZigZag on Blue Tongue 11.7 and run it through a Teufelberger Pulley saver! it makes climbing effortless and can be retrieved from the ground.

Thanks for this! It certainly looks the very best option. Just bought a new Yale limelight, edelrid rocka (which will probably go back) zigzag, zillon and a treemotion plus 2 new huskys so the coffers are a bit sore at the moment.

Had my first real working climb on the new zigzag and really love it.

Doing our CS 41 rigging in the new year so things are going well.

Diary is full til mid January so work is plentiful.

Will probably end up getting the pulley saver in the end. :)

Thanks,

Timon

if he's going to climb up and use a sling and pulley non retrievable he may as well carry on doing what he's doing and save his money

What he's doing is natural forking it, it's easier to work the hole tree off a pulley then go back to retrieve it at the end, takes a maximum of 10 minutes to get to the top of your average English tree time that will be easily saved by using the Pully at the top. Makes no odds either way but worth giving a shot at before shelling out for more gear if you already own a Pully.

that tree looks a dream to be in! how do you find the blue tongue compared to other ropes, like tachyon, poison ivy, have you tried either to compare I'm in the market for a new rope but I'm struggling to make a decision