X-Rigging Rings and new stuff (THT) from Xtreme Arborist

theXman

Hey Kevin,

When treekit or others get THE X-Rigging Rings from Xtreme Arborist supply, they should be very competitive prices, due to the low cost we can supply them for.

We have lots of experience and testing with the rings and have insurance on the products we sell.

Arborist work is quite different than the sailing industry and we help set up stores with the knowledge that we have learned over the years and our past sling designs.

If there is a difference in prices that you are seeing at the moment; there are reasons for it I'm sure.

It is likely costing them a good bit to get them.

When they get the ones imprinted for the arborist industry (that includes with us backing them up), they should be selling at very competitive prices compared to the marine industry.

Hold tight, be patient. Support the Arb people.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, out of curiosity just now, I clicked on treequiped's link he posted for antal rings.

the biggest ring I found useable for rigging on the marine site was what we call the medium ring. The 20mmx14mm.

We hardly ever use a ring this small at work. But that doesn't matter, anyway the marine site he linked sells it for 15.65.

TreeKit lists it as 14.31.

so, where are they marking it up for arb use? Or am I missing something? Looks like treekit is selling them too cheap to me.

The marine site looks low priced at first, but that's because they are quoting the tiny ring. The 7mmx5mm. :laugh1:

Anyway, I just thought i had to speak up for them when i looked up the numbers just now.

If you find that I'm wrong, let me know.

Mike,

I have a few OLD tutorials on my youtube channel that show some of the basics and thoughts. Most of it is still decent material for getting started. I dare not watch it myself, because I don't like watching myself explain things.

We have progressed way past these tutorials, but I have not made a new video yet to show what we are up to.

I will get back to the videos this winter.

my youtube channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thexmanjdd

then click on LOAD MORE at the bottom of the page to find more videos I uploaded. Then do it again, etc.

I chanced it and had a look straight from your link! Good spot - £8.25!!

Is this another example of fairly standard available kit from (in this case a chandler - same is often true for generic rigging kit from crane & lifting outlets) where the item gets an 'arb' tag and a price uplift???

Thanks for link !!

Antal make the rings, X rings is a re badge

I bought mine from the chandlers and spliced them into whoopee slings.

They work a treat, they are smooth but there is just enough friction in them that makes itself useful.

Compared to pulley blocks they weigh next to nothing and you can chuck them about like you wouldn't dare with a block.

I dropped one to the ground last Sunday with no ill effects whatsoever, cant do that with a pinto rig.

Kevin,

Your Avatar picture is similarly irritating to some of my pictures I post:

Brilliant!!

Not sure if you are double bluffing my double bluff!!

It's not me in that pic, it's a brilliant classical actor called Brian Blessed. He's had an amazing career and done some pretty serious stuff, but is just as comfortable (and funny!) making fun of himself - you can even get his voice for your satnav!!

It would be impossible to properly explain in a forum, YouTube him and see what comes up, I'll have a look later and see if I can find a clip that comes close to illustrating my point.