Dolmar

TerryTibbs

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem, not mine - but good luck anyway! :biggrin:

Chickenheads.

Oh I'm not worried SawTroll, I've used enough 560's to know that the chain brake won't fail or the clutch springs disintegrate, or oiler pack up up on the Dolmar, and if something does happen then I've got top notch support that seems faster than my local greedy, tight-fisted, half-arsed Husky dealer who takes a week to get a bolt and then supplies me with the wrong one.

There's some facts for you. If Husky want to go down the same path as Stihl with their QC, that's great. There are more competitive saw manufacturers out there willing to take their clients.

:thumbup1:

i got me a dolly ps 3410 which is like a backhandle ms200 essentially. light at 3.5kg, pricey 1/4 sprockets (think it was £30-40) but great. i dropped it out the back of my truck the other day and it didn't break which is always nice.

have only used it for maybe 2 weeks solid carving so can't give a really honest review yet, but seems to be going very well. running a cannon 14'' which i already had, this was on a ms170 or 010 before and fitted it fine. suspect you'd get a sugi for it no bother.

Thinking of getting a saw in the new year as got a carving job on. What saw would you recommend, lightweight and to be used with a carving bar. Would they fit sugihara carving bars.

i found out this week that the PS-32c is being used for carving they use a 12'' 1/4 oregon sculptor bar and weighs 4.1kg without bar and chain

59766b90aff62_ps32c.jpg.2210829a092e63fd4d50dd5fc0ac5d81.jpg

don't know if this will work here is some pics of the dreamy little 3410 with 14'' bar. 4.6kg with fuel and bar.

i would seriously reccomend getting a pro carving saw if you possibly can (don't know if ps32 is? but suspect its home user.)

lighter, 35cc, potentially more durable and not much more cost.

IMG_4876.jpg.4bb2fbe30915789b5b9c66ad6101f5b1.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg.52f1728c809552c694acf760ee0534e3.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg.6e43a69739a01844c6b0d5759b7648bc.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg.c1b385e319974d9ccdec44ffe7e2fd62.jpg