AA Trade Show 2009, Pictures, thoughts and opinions...

John Hancock

More pictures anyone. I want to gauge size of event and numbers, see what I missed out on..

Just for you Dazza

Didn't make Friday, I hear it was well attended.

Saturday was a laid back affair with most suppliers being reasonably happy from what I could make out.

Pole Demo by Richard from Treevolution.

Gratuitous shiny hardware shot.

Pete & Rich talking tantric yoga or some such eastern mystical fitness mania.

Steve, Tomer, Andy & Penfold among others.

An abridged version of the the black suits from Resevoir Dogs with Mr White - Pete, Mr Brown - Rich, & Mr Blonde - Peter.

John doing his bit for the environment and recycling everything in sight

Louise with the Love of her Life.

Finaly, a banner of one group of Arboricultural members, sitting next to the banner of a rather dubious collection of Arboricultural Members :sneaky2:

DSC02915.jpg.e89ab74d8cd544e55fe711788bac6c47.jpg

DSC02908.jpg.b7b72787f63355d65c200e61dc484fa1.jpg

DSC02910.JPG.8e5eaea5369b5dbe3130b4c90788f67e.JPG

DSC02906.jpg.41bb9da957d91367e232674f57bce6fb.jpg

DSC02905.jpg.889aa320c44327be52dd19e8fb8c1d86.jpg

DSC02903.JPG.aca331eac63b55f25188515cd6ffa2d0.JPG

DSC02891.jpg.0a4323d38d67d28f3b86b00a8dd6ff68.jpg

Edited by Monkey-D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good time, just mixing and mingling, chatting to folk who came to Jonesies stand. Nice to catch up with everyone again, bit of a shame we were scattered over a large area for the evenings. Nice to see the lads from Honey's make it there, given events prior to the show, best of luck and hope you get sorted soon. Roll on Jonesies show, do it all over again:001_smile:

if you didnt know better youd have thought it was the fr jones road show,you chaps didnt stop selling,which is more than can be said for the some of the big brand traders.also dont know it was the heat or a case of frjones envy,but werent some of the traders a miserable lot,but i would like to big up the treepedo guy he had the invention from hell but he kept smiling and trying if the throwbag hadnt been invented hed have been onto a winner but top marks for trying.

if you didnt know better youd have thought it was the fr jones road show,you chaps didnt stop selling,which is more than can be said for the some of the big brand traders.also dont know it was the heat or a case of frjones envy,but werent some of the traders a miserable lot,but i would like to big up the treepedo guy he had the invention from hell but he kept smiling and trying if the throwbag hadnt been invented hed have been onto a winner but top marks for trying.

What was it mate? I didn't see that stand.

hi ,it was machined lump of shiney metal ally i guess you put a throw line in one end and throw it over a branch,then you connect your climbing rope in the other end and pull it back,same as a throwbag but im guessing six times the price and if it hit you ,or any thing other than the tree your working on your in trouble.

What was it mate? I didn't see that stand.

It was an aluminium throwball with a slight twist.

Once your line was set, the ali throwball would split in half and you could

tie the rope on the other half of the throwball which acted like a tapered point to help get your line over/through tricky bits, it can be frustrating getting the ideal point with the throwbag only for the rope to get stuck on a plate of bark or seemingly tiny insignificant twig.

Its rare that happens though.