Avant...your thoughts please

steve@crown

Hi,

Looking to get an Avant...seem to be a good bit of kit. As probably most of you are, we're looking for one machine to do lots of jobs!

At the moment mainly:

Getting timber off of site and loaded on to a trailer in poles

Loading log for deliveries

Help with yard uses

....plus there seems to be an endless supply of attachments that I'm sure we could put at good use!

What model did you buy and why?

Have you been happy?

Would you recommend?

Other competitors to maybe look at?

Prices expected to pay?

Do you have one for sale???

Thanks,

Steve

The 200 is like a little gokart, can't lift much weight but brash its good at, not ideal for arb work, but ok on the odd perfect job.

Haven't used the 3 or 400 series

the 500 series is great, the older versions had metal panels which are a big bonus for arb work, also some, the +models i think, have telescopic arm which is, i think a must.

the 600s are a fair machine, size, weight and lift wise, the 700s are only a bit longer than the 600 (i think) but will lift an extra 300(?)kgs, around 1.4ton. certainly an impressive machine if you have the space/width on site to accommodate it. the arctic steer makes it surprisingly nimble

Ferrari Gandini (spelling) are also great bits of kit (used the 35hp version a few times)

CSF MultiOne also make a similar range and i believe one of the bigger models has oscillating central pivot which would be better offroad. I'm hiring one next month on a job, first go on a csf

attatchments, the best arb attachment iv seen/worked alongside is a kts forestry style swivelling skidded style grapple with hydraulic winch

IMG_3895.jpg.86d7174b8df54185e3e16dfb805cb95e.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg.e14bd716d9d1b86ee3eb30ee408a8713.jpg

285142_2232341648715_3185208_n.jpg.8fdce2c03a306debf4edb318e3e2fe9c.jpg

I bought a new 320 a few years ago. The current (at that time) importer was quitting them and I good a real good deal on it complete with bucket, silage grab, and auger. I then also adapted a Montabert rock hammer which I'd had on a mini digger to suit it and made a 5ft land leveller for it.

I suppose the main thing going for it was it's transportability, even a decent car would shift it on the plant trailer, and it's potential manoeuvrability. But around the farm it was just out of it's depth, no lift height, stability was poor, probably a tad too much performance for the weight and wheel base. However it was handy on a few jobs that I took it too where I wouldn't have went to the bother or expense of taking something bigger.

I eventually sold it with about 400hrs on it and pretty much broke even on it as I'd bought it so favourably in the first place.

Went to an auction about a year ago where there was a tidy 635 but caught myself on when the price went over five figures. Good they may be, but not 10 grand + good unless you have a specific job for them.