Importing 540xp

AlGibson82

yes i have , bought mine on ebay brand new from the u.s.

the total cost was £391 and took a week and a half to arrive.

Ive had it for about 4months now and it hasn't had much use , used it to fell a small birch tree in a back garden and to cut up some firewood.

The only time i used it up a tree was 2 weeks ago doing a big sycamore dismantle and it worked just fine :) , however after that big job i noticed that the av spring on the bottom of the saw was damaged and had bent right out but i think that was my error by being a bit too rough with it by just dropping it down on my harness and it getting smacked against the stem rather than me clipping it on to my caritool. That has nothing to do with it coming from america and i have herd that it is a common problem with all t540s anyway so i ordered another av spring from honey brothers and waiting for it to arrive so not expensive to fix.

if you are like me and don't want to spend 500-600 pound on a top handle then get this one , its just the same but coming from a different country.

even if it does go faulty you can still take it to your local husky dealer and get it fixed hear in the uk.

Here is mine:

6qLZ38v.jpg

7tFkAHi.jpg

aXPlSxi.jpg

hos3eiy.jpg

It matters not what country it comes from ...it will fall in half !:001_smile:

:laugh1: yes!

Mine refuses to run now, I actually hate the thing. 1 weeks use then 2 weeks in the dealer been that routine since I bought it.

I actually wouldn't wish a 540 on my worst enemy.

I'm having to use my 2nd hated thing in the world..... a silky

:laugh1: yes!

Mine refuses to run now, I actually hate the thing. 1 weeks use then 2 weeks in the dealer been that routine since I bought it.

I actually wouldn't wish a 540 on my worst enemy.

I'm having to use my 2nd hated thing in the world..... a silky

I have found it to have an absolutely stonking engine in a chassis made from margarine with a bar made by Cadburys ...

DSCF0033.jpg.42b4c2e5fc5becc7eef1f684886f85e1.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg.00245bde8116399f81c9b9b3a0d2247e.jpg

i doubt if warrenty would stand if not purchased in the uk as its a grey import and a uk dealer could say they would not fix it FOC unless husky agreed to foot the bill.

you may then find that if it did go wrong big time having to send it back at your cost to have fixed or replaced.

get a echo top handle.