Keeping logs dry

medroberts

Bit of wind through them they will be fine.

I've found that logs that get wet and dry out a few times are better to burn.

If you let snow sit on the open face of a log it will ruin it even if you keep it till the next season.

Fair point LGW . Best get the rest of my timber under cover then :thumbup: Its going to be a cold one this year . May even break some records .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use old fence taken from fencing jobs, tie them together and cover with a pallet with plastic nailed to the top.

This year I have only gone one fence high and had good results. Any wet logs around the outside get chuck in a shed and dry within a week.

This year I am trying 2 fences high, but already I am seeing the outside logs getting drenched in the sideways rain. But will find whether it work well next year.

P1040349.jpg.4d4a560e19f42e1c6628f5db0ea84e3f.jpg

P1040348.jpg.d49244c166f06bb10c6aca33c5726495.jpg

I use old fence taken from fencing jobs, tie them together and cover with a pallet with plastic nailed to the top.

This year I have only gone one fence high and had good results. Any wet logs around the outside get chuck in a shed and dry within a week.

This year I am trying 2 fences high, but already I am seeing the outside logs getting drenched in the sideways rain. But will find whether it work well next year.

:thumbup1:

I was going to make some boxes 1.6m x 1.2m x 1m and get a sail maker (Bisset & Ross in Aberdeen) to make covers for every 3rd box (stacked 3 high). They should hold 1.6 cubic meters each and will be taken straight to the biomass shed for the boiler and cut down on the handling. Just need to make them now!!