Lake District

Wood wasp

I was in the lakes at the weekend and took a shortcut from the coast to Coniston. We ended up on the Hardknot Pass.

The trouble was that I have a real phobia of heights, and by heck, that pass is steep!

I was bricking myself in my CRV whilst little old ladies were happily driving over in old fiestas.

Well worth a visit though if you don't mind heights, which I guess most of you don't!

You should of brought me 12 cans of Aspen Barrie. LOL.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should of brought me 12 cans of Aspen Barrie. LOL.

The thought had crossed my mind Hodge, but we were on our way back from the north west highlands so we would have had to carry it for 1700 miles before we got to the lakes!

We needed the space for Scottish shortbread, Haggis, Butterfudge, Grasmere Gingerbread and of course, some of that Mint Cake stuff.

The thought had crossed my mind Hodge, but we were on our way back from the north west highlands so we would have had to carry it for 1700 miles before we got to the lakes!

We needed the space for Scottish shortbread, Haggis, Butterfudge, Grasmere Gingerbread and of course, some of that Mint Cake stuff.

HI MATE watch that kendal mint cake stuff mate the bar that hodge give me was very good nice one hodge but i could not eat 2 bars it like 3/4 mars bars in one :lol::lol:thanks hodge in the winter to help keep cold out can you post me 10 bars mate i will own you the cash thanks hodge help keep the cold out thanks jon :thumbup:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592321.740433.jpg.a036a572938ce5c68e2394de4cf958cd.jpg

Some pics from today's walk, Beautiful woodlands and lochs here. Passed another couple NT sites with more signs nailed onto soft and hardwood, they're pulling poles out of a thinning so I assumed were buggering around with horses but there are machine tracks into wood so not sure why poles. Also came across stack of good and rotten timber on a quiet road. Some oak which I'd guess to be millable along with random SW off cuts

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592289.513304.jpg.6f26eea9bef217d559c1980466045e76.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592237.251818.jpg.37dfeb94c61b8a463315033d5dc648b9.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592183.501385.jpg.2ca3ed103cb1476e7d3eb3b544167f62.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592137.328880.jpg.52f1b39495a4d424096528380f99aaef.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1411592067.578337.jpg.21680827d3eb77c51a3ba6149aac7e4d.jpg

Edited by Wood wasp

A mate of mine does a cycle race every year called the Fred Witton, it is a 90 mile race around the Lakes, the Last miles are up Wrynose and Hardknott, they must be mad.

Better on a r6 or ninja, same with honister... too many tourists going at 5 mph as they dont like it, put them back onto the m6 to the south:thumbup: