Indespension plant trailer brake cables

swinny

Just renewing the cables on my plant trailer

I've got the back ones but am struggling with the Front ones!!!

The black outer cable is 770mm and the actual cable is 990mm long

I've rang indespension and they say all the 770mm cables are the same length... also they don't post :001_rolleyes:

ebay has 966mm cables but thats 24mm shorter than mine! i'm worried they wont fit?

any suggestions as my trailer is like a garden ornament at the moment

I have a 2.6T indespension plant trailer. Would it help if I measured mine tomorrow? I would of thought they would be the same front and back. Have your old ones stretched?

In my experience its amazing how they do stretch. Handbrake cables on vehicles, when you take the old one off you have to wind the adjuster along way.

Its ok Goaty pal, no need to measure.

i've a 2.7t plant trailer, i have long cables on the back and short on the front, they all lead to the front but yo could use 4 short ones if it was set up like that.

im going to order the ones off ebay!! had enough now lol

cheers again bud

Get on the phone to Trailparts (01923 253366) - proper trailer parts company in Watford, and they happily post next day. They even send out sweets n chocolate bars with every order.... Just been quoted by them £70 for genuine parts to fix a road tow air compressor as opposed to indespensions £150.....

Get on the phone to Trailparts (01923 253366) - proper trailer parts company in Watford, and they happily post next day. They even send out sweets n chocolate bars with every order.... Just been quoted by them £70 for genuine parts to fix a road tow air compressor as opposed to indespensions £150.....

or try trailertek. They also send out, free over £100

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir

We noticed your problem online and we would like to give you some advice. We measure our cables by the outer casing lengths. The products numbers you are looking for are the front axle BR102, and the rear axle BR110. I have provided a link to our website for both of them products. You can order them from our website and they will be mailed out to you. It would be interesting to know who told you that we don't post our products, as we do from all depots. I hope this information helps you and if you want to know any more information about any other parts on your trailer. A full product spec can be provided for you.

Front Axle Link

http://www.indespension.co.uk/Alko-Cables/BR102.html

Rear Axle Link

http://www.indespension.co.uk/Alko-Cables/BR110.html

Many thanks for that, i have managed to order some via ebay.

It was leeds depot who said they didn't post

Also its bolton depot who never answer the phone

Im directly in the middle of them so went for ebay purchase and delivery.

thanks again Chris

I have been in the Bolton depot on a Saturday morning, the customers were several deep at the counter the poor bugger was on his own and the phone rang and rang without getting answered.