Current prices for Cordwood

T.C

Incredible. We have the highest roundwood prices down here (or so it would seem) and the lowest price delivered logs at circa £60-80 for 1m3. Deprived area - devon and cornwall :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

Would love to charge £140 m3

Reality Is wouldn't sell a single log some customers grumble about £60 .75m3 loads

Bugger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found in our area in a hard winter you could get £100 a metre or more. But at the start of any winter the cheap boys set the price at £60. If they run out its difficult to get the price up. If its a mild winter and they dont run out you are stuck with a huge pile of logs. These were the only reasons we stopped.

Would love to charge £140 m3

Reality Is wouldn't sell a single log some customers grumble about £60 .75m3 loads

Bugger

have you ever tried to charge £140, what quality are the £60 lot I find ppl who can afford £140 are more interested on quality over price remember if you make money at £60 you can afford to lose 50% of customers and sell at £140 I do 0.75 and 1m3 now charge £94 and £120 mc on recent bags 12.9% air dried up to 21% if theres oak.

have you ever tried to charge £140, what quality are the £60 lot I find ppl who can afford £140 are more interested on quality over price remember if you make money at £60 you can afford to lose 50% of customers and sell at £140 I do 0.75 and 1m3 now charge £94 and £120 mc on recent bags 12.9% air dried up to 21% if theres oak.

All nicely cut and split, mixture of oak beech ash syc, Douglas etc mixed hard and soft

£110.00 1.5m3 load

Moisture below 20 percent

We have a mercant just down the road at least 1000 tonnes of beech in stock 3 cu metres delivered for £190. Its not always the driest especially as you get into the winter but at that price people make the effort to get it a year in advance.

We have a mercant just down the road at least 1000 tonnes of beech in stock 3 cu metres delivered for £190. Its not always the driest especially as you get into the winter but at that price people make the effort to get it a year in advance.

Hi Steve that mad mate but if he happy all good thanks Jon