Quick descent with a hitch climber isn't cool...

Stephen Blair

stevie i had the self same thing with mine and i found useing the middle hole on the rope guide helps by holding the two ropes apart a bit further

i had bother with the hitch catching on the loop and crab (nearly dropped 25 ft)

i also think a strop in between is a good idea but i shorten it when i get up the tree and start working then it dosn't get in the way

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well had to dig out an old prussik and climb up the tree to get my stuck ropeguide and throwline. i thought i would try and lower the ropeguide as well just incase it got snagged. but that was a right pita and got tangled and stuck:mad1:. so duked up old school quicker than it took me to put the throwbag in originally. deadwooded the next oak with just a prussik, and wished i had the hc/vt. it was full of big limbwalks and re routing. it is like anything, experience and deciding when to use different techniques. :001_smile:

well had to dig out an old prussik and climb up the tree to get my stuck ropeguide and throwline. i thought i would try and lower the ropeguide as well just incase it got snagged. but that was a right pita and got tangled and stuck:mad1:. so duked up old school quicker than it took me to put the throwbag in originally. deadwooded the next oak with just a prussik, and wished i had the hc/vt. it was full of big limbwalks and re routing. it is like anything, experience and deciding when to use different techniques. :001_smile:

have you tried the ART double snapper? awesome for retrieving the rope guide.

Back to the AP though-ive got mine setup now (with tachyon) so that it will always bite even if its been unloaded for ages and advanced(using the o rig). it just takes abit of time setting up so thats it works perfect for your weight, rope guide etc... persevere bro:001_cool:

go for a lock jack shrek i did and wont be going to hitches pluss the art rope guide really comes into its own with the lock jack , i aint tried the spider jack yet , anyone used both lock jack and spider jack ?? what are your thoughts

i own and use both on different jobs

they are both similar but different

use the spiderjack a lot more

if both got nicked i would buy the spiderjack first

i own and use both on different jobs

they are both similar but different

use the spiderjack a lot more

if both got nicked i would buy the spiderjack first

Is it a concern with spiderjack of accidental descent, i.e brash etc catching release lever, I love mine in general, but cant help thinking that one fine day i'm going to catch it on something .

have you tried the ART double snapper? awesome for retrieving the rope guide.

Back to the AP though-ive got mine setup now (with tachyon) so that it will always bite even if its been unloaded for ages and advanced(using the o rig). it just takes abit of time setting up so thats it works perfect for your weight, rope guide etc... persevere bro:001_cool:

double :dito: the double snapper,have u got a new one yet drew?

btw whats an o rig?

waiting for the little cap from germany to arrive-levin wouldnt get one for me. botched my own version together. O rig is a way of sliding your hitch away from you to enable slackless climbing (but ya hitch has gotta work well). Will you be climbin in time for the ch'church comp? im thinkin of flyin down