JCB 2CX Streetmaster - any experiences?

Tom at Heartwood

Saw one for sale about a year ago, large brash grab on front and the back arm had be shortened and a set of tongs fitted look a hell of a tool for small extraction jobs.

I guess with the right tyres it would be capable although the Streetmaster name slightly concerns me thinking about forest terrain, but then I am in Cumbria!

Great machines.

I used to buy airmasters, remove compressor, and fit back actor kits. Only recurring problem was loose ring gears. Fetch starter out and put 4 spots of weld on. Perkins engine is reliable if not abused too much and transmission will last well if been checked for oil.

Four in one bucket really handy as is the side tip bucket. If you buy one let me know, i have loads of old books for them.

There seems to be a price difference of £6 to £7K between Streetmasters with back actors and Airmasters with compressors, for say a ten year old machine with 3-4000 hours. Can you save a fair bit by converting from compressor to back actor?

There seems to be a price difference of £6 to £7K between Streetmasters with back actors and Airmasters with compressors, for say a ten year old machine with 3-4000 hours. Can you save a fair bit by converting from compressor to back actor?

That sounds about right. To be fair unless you want a whole lot of compressed air the airmaster is basically a loading shovel with a rear weight. Im not saying theyre useless but the uses are limited. Back about 5 years ago, a back actor kit was £5k odd then, so with inflation the savings on that £5-6k difference would be fairly negligable.

• 3 weeks later...
So instead og a "backacter" fit a small forestry ( 3 point linkage type) crane to the back of a cheaper compressor model.

With a grab on the front bucket, or pallet toes.

The perfect Yard tool surely?

M

I've been thinking of pallet forks with grab/beak on the front and Lasco (Hay drying, hay crane and cone timber splitter) or Blacksplitter (englisch - Black Splitters | Kegelspalter | Baggerspalter | Holzspalter | Drillkegel) cone type log splitter and stump planer (Exac-One Ltd - Stump Planer) on the back.