Cats v Wildlife

Lucan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, like cats or not, they do in general destroy vulnerable wildlife, distract from neighbors enjoying their bird tables, & foul third party private ground, often where children play, such as in their sand pits.

I have & will not tolerate this intrusion into my property, as neither would I a neighbors dog, budgie, horse, wife, or children...so what gives the cat owner the right to inflict this on me repeatedly?

We all know the answer to that, so if the owner chooses to do nothing to prevent the migrant moggy from straying, ( which is easy enough to do with correct boundary fencing), then I am going to have to dissuade the felines faecal forays by my own methods if I wish to maintain my garden as a healthy safe & wildlife abundant area.

Can anyone seriously tell me I have no right to do so, on a moral standing?:001_smile:

i have 2 cats and a dog, personally think dogs are much better all round.

cats are friendly (when they want to be) and for some a good pet.

i think a lot can be learned/ gained from simple measures. a bell which is simple and cheap.

secondly a curfew. Keep them indoors at night. This is done in Australia i believe and greatly protects the wildlife that comes out at night.

This and using a cat litter tray is going to cut down on their messing others gardens.

(in my last house every cat in the neighbour hood used my garden as a toilet. disgusting)

Not a hundred percent effective but its going to help and the cats are not worse for wear.

Add to this any cat caught after hrs ( which must have a contact number / micro chip will be returned to the owner ( perhaps charge a small fee) but have a 3 strikes type system where it will be re homed or destroyed if repeatedly been left out.

also lastly any cats caught out repeatedly should also be neutered to help control the numbers.

lastly dog owners that let their dogs crap everywhere and not pick it up should be tied to a post and have it rubbed in their faces! amount of times i step in it on the local parks and around kiddie play areas is terrible. no excuse.

i used nappy sacks, cheap as anything and take 3-4 at a time, so light i dont even feel them. there is no excuse

At the end of the day, like cats or not, they do in general destroy vulnerable wildlife, distract from neighbors enjoying their bird tables, & foul third party private ground, often where children play, such as in their sand pits.

I have & will not tolerate this intrusion into my property, as neither would I a neighbors dog, budgie, horse, wife, or children...so what gives the cat owner the right to inflict this on me repeatedly?

We all know the answer to that, so if the owner chooses to do nothing to prevent the migrant moggy from straying, ( which is easy enough to do with correct boundary fencing), then I am going to have to dissuade the felines faecal forays by my own methods if I wish to maintain my garden as a healthy safe & wildlife abundant area.

Can anyone seriously tell me I have no right to do so, on a moral standing?:001_smile:

The law