biomass chipper

Busy Daddy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops, wrong company, that obviously should have said bio-sawdust Dean, not micro-chip :blushing:

I don't think it will do bio-sawdust, that it more suited to our Beast shredder line up. Bandit have never tried it on smaller than G30 so it's a case of trying. I guess with a slower infeed speed & smaller screen it should work.

I don't agree with that about Heizohack. Nowt wrong with them but not the build quality of Bandit. Have you ever tried a Bruks or Erjo chipper. Far superior build and chip quality than Heizo, but the Heizo is a good average all round chipper, wouldn't buy one myself though.

I have never owned a Bandit, but only ever hear rave reviews about them. Not cheap, but not cheap quality either, although the price that Dean has given for the 18SVC chipper is outstanding imho.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1410892148.314497.jpg.1dd8daef1870dc8c15db6b08883fee19.jpg

Had the chance to do some chipping today in advance for the APF team, they will use the chip to spread around the show on stands etc. The 18SVC certainly does what it says on the tin & the sample is fantastic, just by altering the infeed speed the chip size can be changed although for a precise sample we can change the height of the knives & screen size.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1410891999.718060.jpg.6fc0c871c9618b8dd5668cdde0499e9b.jpg

[ATTACH]165177[/ATTACH][ATTACH]165180[/ATTACH]

Had the chance to do some chipping today in advance for the APF team, they will use the chip to spread around the show on stands etc. The 18SVC certainly does what it says on the tin & the sample is fantastic, just by altering the infeed speed the chip size can be changed although for a precise sample we can change the height of the knives & screen size.

Is it under 750kgs?? LOL:)

I don't agree with that about Heizohack. Nowt wrong with them but not the build quality of Bandit. Have you ever tried a Bruks or Erjo chipper. Far superior build and chip quality than Heizo, but the Heizo is a good average all round chipper, wouldn't buy one myself though.

I have never owned a Bandit, but only ever hear rave reviews about them. Not cheap, but not cheap quality either, although the price that Dean has given for the 18SVC chipper is outstanding imho.

I have used big bandits and I have my own Heizo and I don't think you can say bandit build quality is better. The way bandits are built is simple: they take a chassis and then keep welding bits on until it chips, there is no design phase LOL. Yes they are strong and Yes they can chip, but refined that ain't. even the 6" one is about 20 foot long.. The other thing is that they have a massive HP requirement. My heizo has a 16x27" infeed and can produce 20-40 cube an hour. The bandit will so the same I'm sure but it will need about 300hp and twice the diesel. I chipped 70 cube of g30 the other day on just 55 litres of cherry, bet the bandit won't do that.

I have used big bandits and I have my own Heizo and I don't think you can say bandit build quality is better. The way bandits are built is simple: they take a chassis and then keep welding bits on until it chips, there is no design phase LOL. Yes they are strong and Yes they can chip, but refined that ain't. even the 6" one is about 20 foot long.. The other thing is that they have a massive HP requirement. My heizo has a 16x27" infeed and can produce 20-40 cube an hour. The bandit will so the same I'm sure but it will need about 300hp and twice the diesel. I chipped 70 cube of g30 the other day on just 55 litres of cherry, bet the bandit won't do that.

I shouldn't mind betting we will soon find out!!

That's not efficient & my maths say that is approx 3.5ltrs per tonne, will depend on moisture content somewhat & assuming the 70 cube was output?