what would you do? new chassis or new Landy?

Matthew Storrs

How decieving a photo can be, its like the vehicles you see on eBay etc which look really tidy but as soon as you turn up to look at them they are rough as rats.

I assume the logsplitter is running off the PTO?

Haha, yeah i wish it had a pto, it either runs on a diesel powerpack or the chipper hydraulics. I won't bore you with pics of how much it needs a major overhaul except to say i've started to wear my seatbelt after nearly falling out when the door opens, there is a prussic cord I attach to the belt buckle now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, yeah i wish it had a pto, it either runs on a diesel powerpack or the chipper hydraulics. I won't bore you with pics of how much it needs a major overhaul except to say i've started to wear my seatbelt after nearly falling out when the door opens, there is a prussic cord I attach to the belt buckle now.

:lol: that's exactly the same as mine, going round the corner and the drivers door suddenly flys open, it happened on the M5 the other day:laugh1:

Have you worked out why it does it yet?

:lol: that's exactly the same as mine, going round the corner and the drivers door suddenly flys open, it happened on the M5 the other day:laugh1:

Have you worked out why it does it yet?

Its popped open for ages now, fine in summer as I can hold it shut with my elbow, with the window shut though it needs a bit of help, I did have a stable door bolt cable-tied inside which worked perfectly but was removed for the Mot. Recently the hinge has pulled the bolts out of the bulkhead (which I thought was the best bit on the vehicle), still it keeps chugging along and couldn't possibly be replaced with a new plastic comfy piece of soft japanese cheese.

One thing to remember when you get your chassis replaced is your vin number

If the place replacing your chassis decides after you have paid and gone that your old chassis is repairable, have it blasted, repaired and galved and your number is identifiable then someone could rebuild and apply for documents causing you hassle and loss of reg number. I know of this happening before on a 110 rebuilt and sold, old chassis taken complete to scrapyard, scrapyard sold it, new chassis owner applied for documents and got them as he had original chassis.

Find your vin number on the front chassis leg and just before taking it for a new chassis fitting cut it out complete with a cutting disc or get them to do it while you watch when you get there. Have it cut around an inch wide and half inch longer than it needs to be to keep the number intact, polish it up, laquer it and use it as a keyring. That way no one else can do anything with your number as the police will be able to identify your new key ring as the original Landrover stamps for your vehicle

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App