Cull stalking

Highland Forestry

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a T8 on my Browning 22-250 and love it, dont have any issues apart from before you fit it smear grease on the part of the barrel that will be inside the mod. I took mine off to find the barrel had badly rusted

my dad had a 22-250 when i was younger with a bi pod. it was like carrying a big pinch bar:ohmy::001_smile:

would just be cruel to use a .22 on a big animal like that, good shooting tho matt, nice n clean by the looks

Most Cows and Horse's in New Zealand are farm killed with a .22.

I have shot more than a few Red Deer and Wild pigs with a .22,its a hell of alot more humane than an Arrow.

Most Cows and Horse's in New Zealand are farm killed with a .22.

I have shot more than a few Red Deer and Wild pigs with a .22,its a hell of alot more humane than an Arrow.

fair enough at close range with hyper velocity bullets but the range is significantly less than using a .243 or equivelant

fair enough at close range with hyper velocity bullets but the range is significantly less than using a .243 or equivelant

Nope.Most of the Deer I have shot have been with subsonics out of a Rifle with a suppressor on it.Deer used to be worth good money to sell for export and the head shot ones were worth the most.Wether you hit it in the head with a .22 or a 458WIN MAG there is only one shade of dead.

i c, i would have thaught after seeing the difference and having felt the difference between both said bullits, the hypers are a far better bullit, we use them for the rabbits now over the subs, so much more killing power and better accuracy

i c, i would have thaught after seeing the difference and having felt the difference between both said bullits, the hypers are a far better bullit, we use them for the rabbits now over the subs, so much more killing power and better accuracy

I'm not saying they aren't, what I am saying is accuracy kills. It would be nice to be able to have the choice but that choice is taken away.

I regularly hear stories of "misplaced shots" and "I had to track it for miles", "It ran on for miles" and thats with the accepted calibres.

It doesn't really matter what the calibre is if the accuracy isn't there. :001_smile: