cs39

nuggsy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is in no particular order:

inboard/outboard, hand held step, freefall sink, and handheld sink - maybe a directional sink too??

Good luck with that mate - concentrate on getting your cuts right and good work position with appropriate attachment points, :001_smile:

Hand held step cut, free fall step cut, hand held sink cut, free fall sink cut, then a natural target pruning cut to finish.

Thats what i had to do, and had to demonstrate each cut twice. I the only thing that caught me out was when i warmed up the 020 on the ground for my mate who was in the tree i didnt use gloves, the assesor soon picked me up on that.

Good luck mate

So no spear cut, tear cut or mexican jump cut on CS 39?

Also we talk about this a lot why is an outboard step cut taught, this can be dangerous if you cut a big piece off in certain wood, I certainly can't remember anyone telling me the negatives of this cut on my cs39. Also the result of an outboard is not much different from an inboard.

dont concentrate only on your cuts, yes the yare important, but assessments are all about judging your entire performace.

tree man tom has the cuts correct and each cut needs to be to standard twice.

double attached when ever cutting

body position in relation to cutting

TWO hands on the saw. the assessor should not put you in one of the rare situations where single handed use would be allowerble.

your genneral climbing procedure must be in line with TGTGCP II.

PPE/loler in dATE and servicable climbing helmet!!! first aid kit and wistel

knowlege of RA and how species behave when cut.

how to safly start saw on ground and pass to climber safley

how two safly start saw in tree may be asked to demo at least a couple of ways of starting.

most candidates i see that fail ether have poor quality face cuts, or endanger them selves through body position or moving the saw arround with chain still buzzing in staead of chain break or waiting for it to be still.

having said that i have had a few candidates of late who did not even get off the ground, no loler/FA/WISTEL and even gear that was haning including rope ppe.

if you have not had training i would always suggest that befor the test.

good luck hope that helps

kevin

ive had bits n bobs here n there like but i agree i need more air time to sort out work position, had a fair bit of time with a silky and ive got my own kit now to do just that lol

Even using a silky will teach you a lot about work positioning, arborcop has given you a good summary of what you need to know.