roof rack on truckman canopy?

normandylumberjack

That looks very nice, very robust too.

Well, I have my heart set on a new canopy with side access doors but for now I will make do with my leaky, glass door'ed truckman.

I got it sealed up with a ton of mastic as the torrential rain last night flowed in:blushing:

I got a ladder strapped to it and gave it the industry approved test; swing from it violently while screaming like an angry chimp, and it seems robust enough. I will add some stays to stop the ladder sliding, but so far I'm pleased.

SNB24776.jpg.21268281751f5de11071cb22deb03756.jpg

SNB24775.jpg.aa823d3562423a57b603a5cd656b8161.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy days.

Has given me ideas about how to knock up a rack for the transit tipper box etc

:thumbup:

I got this for my transit tipper box, perfect length for a crew cab buck -

Aluminium Ladder Rack | eBay

It came off a truckman roof as it happens, approx 8 foot long. there were a few on ebay at the time, search ladder rack instead of roof rack.

£50 with the beacons was a bargain i thought, does the job nicely

That looks like a good find!

Unfortunately it wouldnt fit our tripod ladder which has a 1.45m width, tomorrow i need to knock up something temporary for the truck but long term i think i will be making something more integrated with the chip box etc

I got this for my transit tipper box, perfect length for a crew cab buck -

Aluminium Ladder Rack | eBay

It came off a truckman roof as it happens, approx 8 foot long. there were a few on ebay at the time, search ladder rack instead of roof rack.

£50 with the beacons was a bargain i thought, does the job nicely

I wish I could get that sent to me here, would gladly pay 4 times that to have it! You could easily add an extra 0 to that price here:sneaky2:

I do feel like I miss out on some great deals being here, only the wine is cheap:001_rolleyes: