What vehicle under 3.5 tonne can cope with 6 x 1m3

boardingmonkey

Hello knowledgable folk,

I am wondered if anyone knows a vehicle that could deliver 6 x 1m3 seasoned logs?

I deliver into London, don't have a licence for 7.5 tonne truck.

Looking at a Ford pick up L4, that is the 13 foot length one, with small crane.

With everything that can be aluminium, it brings the payload up to 1303kg, then have to deduct the weight..

Does anyone know if there is another solution? I need to go on M25, so unimog is out of the question?

If bag of dried logs is 250kg (agreed??!), then I need 1500kg payload.

Should I be looking at a shorter flat bed and stacking 2 bags on top of the 4 on the flat bed?

If there is any of you guys and gals who can help please let me know, looking forward to some help!

Cheers:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riko Fast Tow trailer behind a 4x4 ? I saw a flatbed one with a hydraulic grab at an arb show a while back. The axles are adjustable to keep the nose weight within range so you can e.g. drop off a cubic metre at a time :) Not cheap but flexible and quick to unload.

Logit, that's a great idea! Just had a look at their website and sent an enquiry. Might have to sell the cat though! Does look like my best option.

I'm trying to now find out what the maximum payload that is allowed. I can see the trailer can take 2200kg, load capacity which is great. At the show what did they have it linked up to?