Fallen Oak near phone line

Ashes_Firewood

Bt do do tree work but in the case there it would only be to make safe and free line alltho something may not get done for some time all depends on who responds to the problem . I have seen jobs left like this for well over a year well worth reporting tho. I carry out work for bt but cant comment on the quality of work that would be carried out in your area

Ut given its not in contact with the line they most likely wont be bother doi g anything about it

Edited by elliott EGD

I doubt it; the line will snap and they'll charge the recipient to re-install.

I'm speaking from my own experience of course, BT and I are not happy bed fellows, so I am extremely biased in my opinions.

I hope they prove me wrong......

Not a BT fan either, charged us twice for looking for an intermittent fault. Problem is it IS intermittent and is not there when they investigate.One engineer phoned up to say they checked the line and could find no problem, line started cracking and he could hardly hear us. Still no joy though.

Not a BT fan either, charged us twice for looking for an intermittent fault. Problem is it IS intermittent and is not there when they investigate.One engineer phoned up to say they checked the line and could find no problem, line started cracking and he could hardly hear us. Still no joy though.

I've got the same problem, feel very tempted to surreptitiously pull a tree onto the line to get a new line and NTE5 box provided.

I used to cut trees back for BT.

They are not very proactive but are reactive so if the trees have knock the line out they will come & fix it but if it is still working they will leave it till the line fails or they are replacing the cable.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I might admit that in distant history, I may have dropped a line or two for purposes such as this - re-installing as soon as possible and without any comeback. depends where the line terminates and who's going to be reporting it -if theoretically you did that:001_rolleyes:

Edit; some old lines are attached in a box with a screw type connector in them. New ones have a little connector where the wires are inserted and the connector is squeezed/crimped with pliers and has a clear mastic-like substance in them

Edited by Gary Prentice

If you were a dishonest cheating scumbag , you could put the winch on the line, snap it, and claim that the tree took it out as it came down. By the time they turn up to fix the line, I guess that a good natured law abiding firewood provider such as your good self would have cleared up the mess of the fallen tree, leaving a pile of saw dust under the break and them with just the line to fix.

You've got to hate people like that ;-)