Renting a yard.

Arborist

Look at buying woodland.

Give your details to http://www.woodlands.co.uk/ and tell them what you want and to keep your details, in the meantime knock on every farmers door in your area who has a small peice of woodland with access and ask if they'll sell.

I picked up 5 acres for £10k, yes I was lucky, but persistence pays off.

I tip my chip near the side of the road and have a sign saying free chip, fill your boots. The chip is going as fast as I tip it. So far no complaints because theres no pile to complain about.

I don't know the ins and outs but working from woodland or storing chip and logs in woodland may be seen differently to agricultural land

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep it probably does and there are guys been doing it for forty years that have had visits this last year! In reality it has become more common in the last couple of yeras and probably will get more so as the EA play their part in pollution control etc

Don't you think it about time all trees were felled,I'm sick of all the "POLLUTION" come Autumn:alberteinstein::alberteinstein::alberteinstein::alberteinstein:

Just been to see a farmer about tipping chip, logs and any brash and he wants £40 a load and to rent a peice of land £1000 a month.

Unless he's legit and processing it properly, £40 is very greedy. You might as well get your waste carrier's licence and take it down to your local green waste tip. If I ever need it, mine charges £35/ton ex VAT.

You might find a site near you here.

I used to get barley from a brewery out of the skip. When the wagon delivers it, it is graded, bags of dust and grain are thrown into a skip and paid for to be taken away as specail waste.

I started raiding the skip and taking it to feed our 1800 pheasants and 100 duck.

I was stopped from doing so because the brewery said, new rules say I now have to have a waste transporters licence.

I said tell you what, don't put it in the skip and then it isn't classed as waste. He said it will still be classed as waste. If that is the case then the wagon delivering barley must be delivering waste.

Puzzled by this I enquired about this license, you have to pay said license from the council. In other words they have found another way to make money and will reword any document to fill in any loopholes we try to create.

Even the fish and chip shop have stopped giving me their scraps to feed the duck, they will get fined if caught.

In my opinion, chip is a produce not waste, if you sell it it is a product, everything has to be stored before it's sold, it's called stock. it is always worth getting legal cover on your insurance, if the council do have a go you may be able to look into taking it to court maybe ????

Unless he's legit and processing it properly, £40 is very greedy. You might as well get your waste carrier's licence and take it down to your local green waste tip. If I ever need it, mine charges £35/ton ex VAT.

No its just pushed up on to a bonfire and illegally burnt!

Whats the process of getting the wast carriers licence?

Don't you think it about time all trees were felled,I'm sick of all the "POLLUTION" come Autumn:alberteinstein::alberteinstein::alberteinstein::alberteinstein:

Look I don't agree with it anymore than you! But the EA have a zillion policy's on the Environment and Pollutions and unfortuneatly that includes Bonfires burning commercial waste. It doesnt bother me as I don't store chip or logs and don't own any land. I was merely commenting on whats happening around here and that I can see it getting far worse.

I used to get barley from a brewery out of the skip. When the wagon delivers it, it is graded, bags of dust and grain are thrown into a skip and paid for to be taken away as specail waste.

I started raiding the skip and taking it to feed our 1800 pheasants and 100 duck.

I was stopped from doing so because the brewery said, new rules say I now have to have a waste transporters licence.

QUOTE]

Yep we used to fetch all the off cuts from the local timber yard for kindling. We can't do that for exactly the same reasons, They now pay a small fortune to get shot of a mountain of off cuts twice a year.

Look I don't agree with it anymore than you! But the EA have a zillion policy's on the Environment and Pollutions and unfortuneatly that includes Bonfires burning commercial waste. It doesnt bother me as I don't store chip or logs and don't own any land. I was merely commenting on whats happening around here and that I can see it getting far worse.

Not aimed at you you Mate:icon14:

Its those bureaucratic parasites,that get my back up,they should get a proper job and stop trying to get use to pay there wages:thumbsdown:

QUOTE]

Yep we used to fetch all the off cuts from the local timber yard for kindling. We can't do that for exactly the same reasons, They now pay a small fortune to get shot of a mountain of off cuts twice a year.

So they are killing true recycling, are just plain stupid,or do they just want to ruin the planet?