Skyland Equipment - Happy Customer

alexm

I've placed a couple of orders with Skyland recently and felt they deserved credit where it is due! It's often hard to find great service and great products at the same time these days but this was such an occasion so it's worthy of praise!

Amongst other things the two main items were:

1) Husqvarna 560 XPG - despite a slight hiccup with the courier it still arrived promptly (they actually sent out another saw for me!) with helpful and prompt communication throughout!

As for the saw, have put a few hours on it now and it's a cracker! It's running an 18" Sugi bar with stock .325 chain and feel it comfortably out-performs my stock 346XP which is only running a 15" bar. As a keen 'hobby' user it's too much saw for my needs being brutally honest :blushing:, but I do love my machinery! :thumbup:

Only two very tiny gripes (these are aimed at Husqvara really)... 1) They have moved the decompression button on top and recessed it which makes it tricky to push with a fat gloved finger. 2) Compared to my 346XP (maybe I was lucky with that saw because it has always been the easiest two stroke to start ever!) the 560 can be a bit fussy to start warm (like after refuelling). I think I've got to grips with this now by using the warm start throttle setting as it seems to prefer a bit of throttle.

Basically the performance boost with this saw overrides the slight extra weight in my opinion. Yes it's heavier, but it goes so well you are actually having to hold it less! :thumbup:

2) Arbortec Breatheflex Chainsaw trousers - ordered with some other bits and arrived next day. Brilliant service!

Have been looking for some light weight summer trousers which are hard wearing, comfortable but still safe. Obviously it's early days on the hard wearing bit but they look well made, they are certainly comfortable although I only went for the type A's because I wanted light and cool as possible and they certainly look like they are worthy of their rating.

Overall very happy customer, well done Mark and Barry!

p.s. having handed a few around my work colleagues we are all of the opinion that Husqvarna should give up making sweets and stick to what they do best, making saws! The sweets are certainly an acquired taste! :lol:

Alex

Couldn't agree more. I've started to use skyland for all my bits. Popped in the other Saturday to get a new strop made up. Good selection and friendly service.

Refreshing to see they don't just stock stein.

Loyal customer from now on.

Great online service/delivery too

:laugh1:

Yeah the husky sweets dont appeal to everyone.

Although I seem to have acquired the taste for them!:blushing:

At least you havent tried using them as ear plugs(some poor soul did, credit to him for admitting it though!)

the 560 is a very impressive saw:thumbup:

I would be very interested in feedback on the breatheflex as they have proven to be extremely popular.

We sold out of the popular sizes very quickly but have fortunately received some more stock today but from what I can see there arent that many left in stock in the UK and it might be september before they get more in, so be quick ordering from your dealer if you are after some.

Bob, theres no chance I can get the Stihl sweets in too, I am putting on weight as it is:001_rolleyes:

Cheers for the nice words fellas, it is still early days for us but sales are constantly on the rise which is all down to you .:thumbup1: