Have you ever?

Mesterh

I do sometimes get the urge to knock on doors every now and again, two trees on a road i drive quite often have been ruined by what you described, but tbh i reckon it would reflect quite badly on me, it may seem like occupational rivalry or one-upmanship, so i don't. I was asked to somment on a wall a customer had had built by someone else which was awful, and when i gave my opinion (i won an award for my work once btw) they wee quite offended i think, as they thought their wall was very nice and had spent good money. So i don't think it is worth getting too stressed really mate.:001_smile:

Was it dry stone walling you won an award for then?

It was both. I did it on and off years ago, then someone kept pestering me to help them and the building trade among the mega wealthy kicked off down here and we got on this huge house, all cedar and huge glass panels, and loads of stinework on it. We also built a six tiered terrraced veg garden going up the side of the hill, all dry. I have posted some pics somewhere- maybe on Deans thread ages ago about a repair to a wall he did. Sorry, cant find it though.

job near me the other day, i priced it and was told it was dear as it involved traffic management to do it safely as it was on a major A road. a week or so later on bank holiday monday about half 6 in morning i hear chainsaws, look out the window and see transit vans parked across the road and lots of shouting and a load of blokes hacking the tree to bits, huge bark tears, stubs left..............looks a right mess

Sorry about that mate. Didn't wake you up did I?:001_tongue:

Annoying and frustrating, but you can't win them all. If people are happy paying for shite they're not worth losing sleep over.

Onwards and upwards!