Isuzu D-max towing

JimE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear if they find a way of keeping the diesel in the top of the engine I may change my d4 for one. My discovery is superb for towing 3500kg with 245bhp and weighing nearly 3000kg but shockingly unreliable you cant own one.

Hi Steve I've been talking to a chap up here re Toyota d4 is it mate thanks they look a good truck thanks Jon

i was considering buying a used one of these next tax year,

but everyone is putting me off.

I think they are still the best truck if you need to tow 3 tonnes or more. If you dont then I would be tempted to spring a few more quid and get the Hilux. All modern diesels are packed with technology to keep the emissions down and they all have their moments. By the time you buy they should have this little glitch sorted.

If you want trouble buy a d4 in six months I have had front diff fail, turbo and rear handbrake shoes burn out. removable tow bar worn out in 6 months and endless tyres at £180 ea. Fantastic to drive best to borrow one rather than own.

I think they are still the best truck if you need to tow 3 tonnes or more. If you dont then I would be tempted to spring a few more quid and get the Hilux. All modern diesels are packed with technology to keep the emissions down and they all have their moments. By the time you buy they should have this little glitch sorted.

If you want trouble buy a d4 in six months I have had front diff fail, turbo and rear handbrake shoes burn out. removable tow bar worn out in 6 months and endless tyres at £180 ea. Fantastic to drive best to borrow one rather than own.

but if i want a used one, say one of the first, will they be problematic

or will they sort everything out, throught good ealer serviceing and recalls?

Well I had 3.5 tons behind mine tonight. Towed it like a dream. Very relieved!

Have towed various weights over the last week and not had any issues. So much more comfortable than the landrover!

The more I use it the more pleased I am with it, I think it was a case of getting used to it more than anything.

Edited by JimE

but if i want a used one, say one of the first, will they be problematic

or will they sort everything out, throught good ealer serviceing and recalls?

I never drove the latest dmax but from what people have said the new one is nicer to drive and the Rodeo ( now about 2 years old ) only tows 3000kg I think the old Rodeo was a good truck and does not have a dpf fitted so one less problem. I think peteB or chris shepperd on here had one and ran huge miles without problem.

Test drove the new DMax a couple of weeks back. Really liked it and would happily replace my Ranger with one.

What confused me (easily done) was that the Isuzu towbar offered was advertised as a 3 tonne one.

Has that been uprated yet?

I never drove the latest dmax but from what people have said the new one is nicer to drive and the Rodeo ( now about 2 years old ) only tows 3000kg I think the old Rodeo was a good truck and does not have a dpf fitted so one less problem. I think peteB or chris shepperd on here had one and ran huge miles without problem.

i would get a dmax if i do.

like the looks of it,

my brother keeps on about getting a landrover to me, but i do not like sitting in the defender, and most land rovers seem trouble

Well I had 3.5 tons behind mine tonight. Towed it like a dream. Very relieved!

Have towed various weights over the last week and not had any issues. So much more comfortable than the landrover!

The more I use it the more pleased I am with it, I think it was a case of getting used to it more than anything.

Hi Jim what are like on a hill start with 3,5tons on mate to away on a hill my TD5 200hp 310lbs TQ WAS GOOD thanks Jon