Eucalyptus withing 3 tpo boundaries

bootneck84

Question

If it's within an area TPO, it's everything that was growing in that area marked on the map at the time the order was made.

Unless its a woodland order, when everything is covered whether it was present, or grew since, the date of confirmation.

Take it that yes you do until the planning officer says different.

Sounds familiar. I had an identical sounding request last month. Big eucalyptus, TPO's to the houses left and right - but the owners instructed me (tried to anyway) to not contact the LA to see if there was a TPO on it because a) they were 'pretty sure' there wasn't, and b) they didn't want to draw it to the LA attention in case they 'decided to stick a TPO on it'.

So I checked anyway - and guess what .........

Wouldn't be the first time a home-owner has unsuccessfully requested work on a TPO'd tree then kept quiet about it and subsequently tried to stuff a tree surgeon with the work, liability and a huge fine - they never realise that they can be fined as well, and have covenants put on the property so when they do sell they have to cough up a %.

Sometimes I feel like adding 'wasn't born yesterday' to my business card.

Check - always. It only takes a call to your local tree guys.

- they never realise that they can be fined as well, and have covenants put on the property so when they do sell they have to cough up a %.

That's not a covenant its a land charge, covenants are something entirely different

They don't have to pay a percentage, they have to pay whatever is owed and interest

Thanks.

The thing I always find surprising is that customers don't appreciate that a tree shaped hole in the air, right in the spot where a tree once stood, is actually pretty good evidence of the fact that a tree is no longer there.

Bootneck - you could try wondering out loud whether the local authority stores old google earth satellite data as evidence that trees once existed and then watch your customer's reaction.

Really appreciate the correspondence guys have emailed the local officer and gonna call on Mon. Customer ain't trying to pull the wool over my eyes though I appreciate this does happen! She was actually unaware of tpo's and appreciative that I was checking again thanks for the gen advice.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Arbtalk mobile app

So upon calling the planning office this morning have been asked to submit an application just goes to show can't be too careful, the person I spoke to agreed with my initial assessment but the box has to be ticked.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Arbtalk mobile app

What is the tree like? Is it suitable for a tpo? LA's sometimes have a lot of old tpo's that don't meet the criteria, especially area orders.

The sec of States advisory to LA's is that area orders should only be used, on the grounds of expediency, and individual orders - on those trees that meet the criteria for protection, should be made within a reasonable period.

Some of our area orders are 30-40 yrs old and I doubt finances will ever allow any updating