Average day rate for tree surgery

Another spot on post!

I use a guy and his groundy, I used to work for him, many moons ago, he is charging that rate and when he comes out for me I make the same with out the overheads and commitments!

As a friend Ive tried to show him the error, but he has a mental state that denies him the capacity to see past his own low self worth, HE has convinced himself he wont get the work, its the saddest thing to see a friend struggle this way.

Have you been running your own business for long?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that on larger jobs, ones worth running a crew of 4-5 on, that there is a far better margin to be made.

I shan't talk about my own figures, that just get's up peoples noses.

However, it has been a long road to realising that if you don't ask, you won't get.

I know what my running costs are, the rest is lovely profit.

Ty

Okay, so Glastir Advanced have offered to pay for some of our trees to have surgery (I think it's about 10 medium sized oaks that need a haircut/ and to be made safe).

Glastir will pay £97 for one day (they only offered for a single day).

Anyone interested in that paltry sum? (Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire).... if not then we'll have to consider rejecting their offer and leave the trees as they are, which would be a shame. cheers, Steve

Okay, so Glastir Advanced have offered to pay for some of our trees to have surgery (I think it's about 10 medium sized oaks that need a haircut/ and to be made safe).

Glastir will pay £97 for one day (they only offered for a single day).

Anyone interested in that paltry sum? (Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire).... if not then we'll have to consider rejecting their offer and leave the trees as they are, which would be a shame. cheers, Steve

I can offer my services for half a day for £97. :thumbup:

What is Glastir? They have no idea if they think £97 would pay for a tree surgeon for a day.

Hodge

Glastir is the Welsh version of Forestry Commission grants for looking after/ managing land/woodland. It's mostly for environmental/ nature purposes, eg putting up bat boxes, bird boxes, protecting woodland from cows, etc and lots of other things. I think the rate they offer is designed to go towards costs rather than cover the whole amount. Well, I guess???

It's EU money, and it's complicated! cheers, Steve