New mower help

Dean Lofthouse

Quote. I've changed my Lawnflite 533 for an Etesia after drive problems, too early to tell if it's the right move. It's certainly much better for smaller gardens and regular loading onto the van.

If you're thinking of mulching I really recommend the Etesia. Collection is 90% as good as the LawnFlite but not as quick or 'hungry for foot long grass' if that makes sense! Plenty better than most other mowers though, and fine for for cuts every fortnight. Quote

Etesia mowers don't like being pulled backwards, the variable speed pulleys are as reliable as the weather

And the height adjusters can only be described as cr..zap! Other wise a strong built thick alloy deck which will take a bit of stick good handle fold down system bit greedy on cables!

Price is a little steep as well and they are French and not Chinese built!

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

This is the newer Duocut. I think you're talking about an earlier machine- this deck is plastic.

Went for single speed as I know variable speeds are more trouble than they're worth :lol:

Can't agree on the height adjuster- it's simple as. One lever, heights clearly maked and effortless to use.

Why would it not like being pulled backwards?

Time will tell- I just wasn't as impressed as I hoped I would be with the longevity of Kaaz roller mower. Plus wheels and a slightly smaller deck (and mulching ability) suits our gardens much better.

I was very much torn between the Etesia and the 19" wheeled Kaaz with a Kawasaki engine. TBH the decision came down to buying from a local dealer, who demo'd the Etesia and I was happy with the result. I wouldn't swap now as the mulching has proved to be most excellent. :001_smile:

Reviews on LandscapeJuice (where the guys do more mowing in a week than I do in a month) convinced me to go Etesia. I'll be the ArbTalk guinea pig! :thumbup:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Variable speed models don't like being pulled backwards when the engine is running

Height adjuster are good when new! But the levers bend out wards and then just drop to the lowest setting with no warning leaving lovely rings on the grass your cutting!!

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!