Log Gasification Boilers

County 764

I may be wrong here but i think callum was hinting at the oppisate.

ie the less insulation= more heat to heat it= bigger RHI payment.

So better of telling them whole house un/poorly insulated

Meant to add wots a lambda sensor? I thought i had done a bit of reading up on them but can't remember coming across that (unless i'm looking at the cheaper ones0

But you wouldn't be able to claim the RHI. You need someone to come out and access the property to produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) I think that's how it all works anyway

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambda sensor, same as a car exhaust one.

Senses the oxygen in the flue.

Too much oxygen in the flue, turn down the fan.

Too little, turn it up, i.e. for optimium burning without needlessly stripping heat from the fire and dumping it up the flue.

All within the overriding thermostatically controlled burn programme.

marcus

Lambda sensor, same as a car exhaust one.

Senses the oxygen in the flue.

Too much oxygen in the flue, turn down the fan.

Too little, turn it up, i.e. for optimium burning without needlessly stripping heat from the fire and dumping it up the flue.

All within the overriding thermostatically controlled burn programme.

marcus

Car ones used to be narrow band, i.e. they switched 1V if they senses any oxygen, the boiler ones were more expensive wide band as they needed to differentiate excess air around 50%, so they gave a signal that would discriminate around 10% O2 in the flue.

But you wouldn't be able to claim the RHI. You need someone to come out and access the property to produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) I think that's how it all works anyway

Aye i know but wil the person not rate ur energy requirements higher if u have a poorly insulated house? So if better insulated need less KW to heat it = so less RHI payment

I'm sure they stick they're head up in loft but not a lot they can do for any behind wall insulation

• 2 weeks later...
Aye i know but wil the person not rate ur energy requirements higher if u have a poorly insulated house? So if better insulated need less KW to heat it = so less RHI payment

I'm sure they stick they're head up in loft but not a lot they can do for any behind wall insulation

That's my take on it I'll maybe tell the assessor a little white lie about the amount of insulation that I have installed into the house to get as much RHI payment!! I reckon it's time I get something back from all the taxes played. Don't know what will happen if Scotland gets independence!

Callum

Edited by CallumA
cause i can't spell