What is your single most beneficial exercise for Arb work.

coolie

what do i do. Climb trees, use a saw all day, drag branches. I rock climb once a week, boulder once a week, run try for twice a week and hopefully fit a cycle in there too and maybe a gym session or two. I used to get the train to the nearest station then cycle the last 4 miles to work then cycle the 18 miles home from work.

I also used to do muai thai but i gave that up as making it there in time was a bit tight.

I should be in great shape but i'm not.

I agree with martyn, deadlifts and squats are great all over conditioners. most people get bad backs because they don't use them(in my opinion) .

Use it or lose it

Jamie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too mate,but the problem is whilst i know i have a pantin in the bag every time i think about slinging a rope up and practising some how i can always think of better things to do.

Like going to the pub for a sneaky couple because we have finished a bit early and the sun is shining?

Footlocking practise or ice cold Strongbow? Mmmmmmm.....

what do i do. Climb trees, use a saw all day, drag branches. I rock climb once a week, boulder once a week, run try for twice a week and hopefully fit a cycle in there too and maybe a gym session or two. I used to get the train to the nearest station then cycle the last 4 miles to work then cycle the 18 miles home from work.

I also used to do muai thai but i gave that up as making it there in time was a bit tight.

I should be in great shape but i'm not.

I agree with martyn, deadlifts and squats are great all over conditioners. most people get bad backs because they don't use them(in my opinion) .

Use it or lose it

Jamie

you should be some kind of superhumaniod doing all that excersise!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies arbies,I learnt some good stuff and I always enjoy the humour.

After a full on summer I was always sore all over and my body felt like it was tightening up.I was carrying some niggly strains and sprains.I really didnt feel as though I needed exercise but rather rest and good nutrition.But you make hay when the sun is shining.Im sure you older guys can relate.

Now that its mid winter here and the work has been a fair bit lighter Ive been doing some exercises to stay in nick for another heavy summer ahead.

I enjoy doing the Deadlifts and dips and Ive been trying as many different core exercises as I can learn.I bought some bungees and an exercycle and combined with tree climbing etc Im feeling strong again and am looking forward to the projects ahead.I used to use a camelback when I was a logger and I need to start using one again when it warms up.

The best way to prepare for treework in scotland is to jog on the spot whilst burning fivers in a cold shower while an assistant slaps you about the face with a thorny branch and shouts at you for making sawdust or taking their parking space.:001_tongue: