Card Payment Machines

New Boy

Thanks all and scraggs, cardsave sound interesting, what does the phase merchant services actually mean though please?

New Boy

They do the card processing for you, and then transfer it to your account, depending who you go with they may also sort out the card machine.

firms like cardsave, sage and payment sense are really only middle men, and they just supply the machine and sort out the merchant account for you.

I wouldn't recommend cardsave, it's just a case of they are my best option as I am already with them, and I left it late to move (they have a rolling 12 month contract), if I was starting out again I would look at barclays, but wait until they have a deal going, which they often do, or sage, just try to get sage to clarify the actual cost of PCI compliance, but both seamed pretty transparent with their contracts imo.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a quote from sage pay, 20 quid a month for the machine, no min spend 20p per transaction for debit cards 1.4% for credit cards. Seems v good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

I just had a quote from sage pay, 20 quid a month for the machine, no min spend 20p per transaction for debit cards 1.4% for credit cards. Seems v good.

it's the "about £100 per year" they quoted me for PCI that put me off.

Check what they are charging for business cards, it's normally more than a normal credit card. Barclays were the only one offering 1.5% across all cards

Business cards? Not with you.

You pay extra with most companies to process business credit cards ie: barclaycard commercial

sage quoted 2.05% on commercial cards

Got ta , not really bothered about commercial cards as most commercial people pay by bacs or cheque, it's really for domestics .

I would add the charge to the bill anyway.

Edited by Ian C

Anyone use Retail Merchant Services? That called today about getting me to have a machine.

Hodge

I looked at them when I was looking to renew, can't remember what put me off but the google reviews might have played a part in it :)

I looked at them when I was looking to renew, can't remember what put me off but the google reviews might have played a part in it :)

Thanks, I've just had a look, I won't be having a meeting with them then.

Hodge