would you pass an inspection

Rod

Cant be bothered reading it Bob. The last two days have been long hot 14 hour days I dont have time for bull

The only bit I noticed was " What you must do as an employer "

see that bit was on page 3

sorry i can not make it any easier than post link

find page and give you the paragraph title

the phrase lead a donkey to water springs to mind

or bury your head in sand

take your pick :001_tongue::001_tongue:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi gang

i find this conflict of laws facinating. quite honesley if we took the letter of the law most sites would fail.

that is why we have so far as resnobly practicable, that is why we have risk based legislation, and that is why a very commonly used fraise by hse is 'over and above'

most hse inspectors are genneral inspectors with a broad knowlege of health and safty , not a specific knowlege of any one industry, very few inspectors have specific knowlege, that and they are human, they will miss things that seem obviouse to us, but spot things that are not.

i have assessited hse inspectors and gennerally they look for a health and safty culture, and are resnoble folk who just whant to see people go home in the same state they came to work.

dean actually has a good point about dressing up in a tuo tuo, he would in fact be breaking the law, but is unlikly to be procicuted due to the nature of the concordate etc to whitch the hse work, however he woudl get a stop notice and all that woukld have to be done is demonstrate how his actions may impact on others health and saftey to secure a procecution.

as for the hse inforcing aganst travelling folk, first would you walk on to a site of them by your self and tell them to stop working?????? umm i think not.

second how would they enforce against a gohst??? mr SMITH mr o'smith, no power of arrest??? hay presto he vanishes...............

would you rather your inspector spend time chasing the person who will vanish or the folk round the corner flouting the law ................... you choose

so dean what coulour will you g string or tuo tuo be???

cheers all

kevin

PS REASNOBLY PRACTICABLE CONTROLS BASED ON A THOURGH RISK ASSESSMNT USING BEST PRACTICE TO ENSURE THAT THE APLICATION OF OVER AND ABOVE CONTROLLS ARE NOT DONE.................................