What's the best/quickest large hand saw?

njc110381

Cough, discreet, cough,

Are ye !"£$%^& blind!

To quote from the origional post

"which is a rescue and she cannot catch"

m

It's in an aviary, it's already caught :001_tt2:. Go in with a bag and drop it over it, pull the draw string and stop pandering to the bl**dy thing :lol: We've had birds and they soon get used to regular treatment. :lol: A £2.99 bow saw from the local diy with a few Sandvik blades will do the job no problem.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in an aviary, it's already caught :001_tt2:. Go in with a bag and drop it over it, pull the draw string and stop pandering to the bl**dy thing :lol: We've had birds and they soon get used to regular treatment. :lol: A £2.99 bow saw from the local diy with a few Sandvik blades will do the job no problem.

If it was my bird it would be getting used to the chainsaw in record time, but unfortunately that's not an option here. I have to keep them happy and they're willing to pay. I've just phoned him and stuck the price of the big Silky on the bill, he seems happy with that so I'll end up a bit fitter and get a decent saw out of it for my troubles. It's not a huge hedge so shouldn't take me too long. Thanks for the advice... Now all I have to decide is which big Silky to buy:confused1:

We've tried loads of different kinds (and spent hundreds £££££) we always end up back at the gomtaro 300mm and the bigger natananko 330mm. (The natananko has a self clip design so it doesn't get pulled out of its scabbard by all the messy brown twigs & sticks inside the conifers) I would recommend using it with a saw-pod so you can strap it to the side of your lower leg..... Works a treat. Buxtons are pretty good on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ok... You're going to laugh at me for this I expect, but I had a real hippy moment and decided to go out and buy one of these...

3 foot One Man Crosscut Saw, the pefect saw for crosscutting logs. Made by Thomas Flinn & Co., Sheffield, England

No doubt it will be a pig to use off of a ladder, weigh a ton and possibly take much longer than a Silky, but how cool does that look?! I keep thinking I need to lose a bit of weight and get a bit fitter so I'm going to do some of my home firewood with it. My grandfather was a part time woodsman and had all this sort of kit but when he died my uncle took most of it and sold it. So I figured as this is a hand made in the UK made product, I needed one!:001_rolleyes:

There's even a video about how it's made at the workshop...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvETo4ThXQ

Now most of you will think I'm mental and never speak to me again!:laugh1:

Ok... You're going to laugh at me for this I expect, but I had a real hippy moment and decided to go out and buy one of these...

3 foot One Man Crosscut Saw, the pefect saw for crosscutting logs. Made by Thomas Flinn & Co., Sheffield, England

No doubt it will be a pig to use off of a ladder, weigh a ton and possibly take much longer than a Silky, but how cool does that look?! I keep thinking I need to lose a bit of weight and get a bit fitter so I'm going to do some of my home firewood with it. My grandfather was a part time woodsman and had all this sort of kit but when he died my uncle took most of it and sold it. So I figured as this is a hand made in the UK made product, I needed one!:001_rolleyes:

There's even a video about how it's made at the workshop...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvETo4ThXQ

Now most of you will think I'm mental and never speak to me again!:laugh1:

My father had something similar, and I used it as a kid usually as a two person. Not sure how it will be for horizontal cuts.............

Not sure how it will be for horizontal cuts.............

Could end up being a bit of a laugh I reckon but I couldn't help myself. I figured that they used to be used to fell trees, so how hard can it be? Probably very!